Sick fish???

EB707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this fish look sick or might it just be stressed due to harassment from other fish? I have 3 Green Chromis in my tank and they have all started hiding in the corners of the tank within the last couple of weeks. This one seems to have stopped eating and I just watched it being chased around by my female clown and Neon Dottyback. All of these fish have been in the tank for several months and have gotten along fine.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this fish look sick or might it just be stressed due to harassment from other fish? I have 3 Green Chromis in my tank and they have all started hiding in the corners of the tank within the last couple of weeks. This one seems to have stopped eating and I just watched it being chased around by my female clown and Neon Dottyback. All of these fish have been in the tank for several months and have gotten along fine.

The ripped fins do indicate some tankmate aggression. The rapid breathing can be a final, end stage result of that, however it could also be from some disease which in turn, has caused the other fish to start to attack it....no way to really tell for sure.

OP
OP
EB707

EB707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ripped fins do indicate some tankmate aggression. The rapid breathing can be a final, end stage result of that, however it could also be from some disease which in turn, has caused the other fish to start to attack it....no way to really tell for sure.
I have some Ruby Reef Rally Pro on hand. Do you think I should run a cycle of that to see if it helps at all?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have some Ruby Reef Rally Pro on hand. Do you think I should run a cycle of that to see if it helps at all?
Fish is highly distressed. While ruby may help, it is slow to work. The rapid breathing mentioned is of concern. The clown is a suspect but do other fish have ripped fins also?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It might help, but it is a mild medication and I agree, it may not help fast enough.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aggression is not likely to stop, I would just remove all the chromis since they are being pushed into the corners of the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No other fish have ripped fins.
Keep an eye for any aggressors. One trick you can do is to set your cell phone on video mode for about 20-30 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a bully at feeding time.
Review the video and see who it may be

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back