Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, i just received this 2 percula clown last night that i ordered and the small clownfish looks perfectly fine however the medium size clown fish doesn't look too good i was wondering if anybody can ID the issue im not sure if its velvet brookynella or ich if some one can help me figure it out and what treatment i should do is greatly appreciated thank you in advance guys.
IMG_6195.jpg
IMG_6196.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Avast

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it just look off or is behaving weird too - hard to guess from the pic. Try adding a video (through YouTube).
It could be stress from acclimation - but brook is also a possibility with the washed out colors.

Yeah first week behavior can be very strange, even with coloration.

Are their visible marks on the scales?

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it just look off or is behaving weird too - hard to guess from the pic. Try adding a video (through YouTube).
It could be stress from acclimation - but brook is also a possibility with the washed out colors.
sorry about that heres a video and the fish looks pale and if you looks closely at the video it looks like theres some small white spots on the fish

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any distinct spots that look like ich - breathing rate could indicate brook or velvet though.
[HASH=55964]#fishmedic[/HASH]
ok thank you what is the best thing i can do to fight off brook or velvet i do have seachem cupramine can i used that to fight off those things.

Sharkbait19

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both velvet and ich can be treated using copper products like cupramine (though copper power or coppersafe are safer).
Brook requires formalin to treat.
Both must be done in a separate quarantine tank (all fish need to be treated) and the tank needs to remain fishless for a set amount of time (depends on the disease).

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both velvet and ich can be treated using copper products like cupramine (though copper power or coppersafe are safer).
Brook requires formalin to treat.
Both must be done in a separate quarantine tank (all fish need to be treated) and the tank needs to remain fishless for a set amount of time (depends on the disease).
what brand of formalin would you recommend sorry for all the questions just want to make sure i do this right thank you.

AS

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures under white lighting would be easier to help distinguish fish from other artifacts. Some algae on the glass is blurring the images. Difficult to determine if the colors are washed out because of the blue lights and algae or due to mucus/slime that accompanies parasitic infection.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures under white lighting would be easier to help distinguish fish from other artifacts. Some algae on the glass is blurring the images. Difficult to determine if the colors are washed out because of the blue lights and algae or due to mucus/slime that accompanies parasitic infection.
i actually have a video i posted it earlier

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i actually have a video i posted it earlier
You said you "received" the fish last night. That implies they were shipped to you, so the fish arrived to you less than 24 hours ago? This may be acclimation stress, or ammonia burn.

If they were shipped to you and you didn't get them until last night, that means they were in the bags around 30 to 36 hours, that's a long time.

Jay

OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you "received" the fish last night. That implies they were shipped to you, so the fish arrived to you less than 24 hours ago? This may be acclimation stress, or ammonia burn.

If they were shipped to you and you didn't get them until last night, that means they were in the bags around 30 to 36 hours, that's a long time.

Jay
yes sir that sounds about right i hope your right its just acclemation stress ive never seen acclemation stress before so i wasnt sure i actually have an updated video as well if you dont mind what you think thank you

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
T

thefez510

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty hard to come by - ruby reef pro is commonly used, but it contains acriflavin now, no idea if it still works as well.
You can buy formalin straight off of some vendors, I know dr. Reef is one.
i have an updated video i was wondering what do you think is it velvet or brook or just acclemation burns?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an updated video i was wondering what do you think is it velvet or brook or just acclemation burns?
So - the trouble is that shipping damage and Brooklynella look really similar without using a microscope. Brook takes a few days to get started though, so my thought is, if you received a fish with advanced Brook, it was shipped to you like that. Good dealers won’t ship obviously ill fish….but some might.
Have you tried feeding them yet?
Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back