Should I get a bubble tip or a rock flower?

Bubble tip or Rock flower?

• Bubble tip!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Rock flower!

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I was wondering if my tank could fit a bubble tip or if I should just get a rock flower! Im pretty much maxed out on rock space except for the side rocks on my scape and I really miss having a bubble tip in my tank but Im worried that it might sting and kill some of my corals. Ive also been looking at rock flowers because of how beautiful the colors can be and they're much less likely to move around and sting everything. Please help me decide! Thank you all!

Tank picture V

1724614204767.png

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALSO! for the bubble tip enjoyers! I would love some advice on where I could put it so that it doesn't move and won't detached and go straight into my gyre :grinning-face-with-sweat:

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump!

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both rock flower nems and bubble tip nems….but personally I like the rock flowers better because they stayed right were I wanted them. My bubble tips traveled across the tank, and half of them ended up in the filter….so I vote rock flower.

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both rock flower nems and bubble tip nems….but personally I like the rock flowers better because they stayed right were I wanted them. My bubble tips traveled across the tank, and half of them ended up in the filter….so I vote rock flower.
My BTA hasn't moved in the 12 months it's been in there, except for the first week or so when it hung upside down in a cave about 4 inches from where it is now. It's actually sitting between two rocks, and at night retreats deep into the gap between them.

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got 2 for btas and 2 for rockflowers! anyone else?

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a carpet anemone? They won't sting everything, and clownfish will still host them. It's the best of both worlds.
My tank is too small for a carpet unfortunately and also I worry about my twin spot goby and mandarin getting gobbled up on accident (or on purpose) :eek:

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is too small for a carpet unfortunately and also I worry about my twin spot goby and mandarin getting gobbled up on accident (or on purpose) :eek:
Are you sure, some only get 3-6 inches. Just look for a micro carpet anemone. Fish usually know to avoid these but that is a valid concern lol

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm part of the bta crowd. My wife and I love ours! Mine moves a little bit, but primarily from inside the rockscape to outside on top when the lights go on.

phillyb614

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it really depends on what YOU are REALLY wanting out of the anemone addition. If you are wanting to add the anemone for your clown, then definitely the BTA. Although, there is no guarantee that your clown will even host it (I currently have 5 big beautiful rainbow BTAs in my tank and my clowns host a toadstool :face-with-rolling-eyes:). As far as the BTA walking goes, mine usually move only after splitting or if I rearrange things in the tank. Like it or not, wherever you try to put it, it is likely not going to stay exactly where you place it. Your corals will be put at risk for being stung no matter what you do. Just a risk that you will need to decide if it is worth it to you or not.

If you are not looking for your clown to host the nem addition and are just wanting to add an anomone, I would absolutely go with the RFA. They travel less, take up less space, and come in absolutely amazing color varities. They will not multiply without another RFA in the tank. Unlike the BTA, which multiply all on their own.

So, it's ultimately what you are looking to gain from your nem addition IMO.

KandAReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I was wondering if my tank could fit a bubble tip or if I should just get a rock flower! Im pretty much maxed out on rock space except for the side rocks on my scape and I really miss having a bubble tip in my tank but Im worried that it might sting and kill some of my corals. Ive also been looking at rock flowers because of how beautiful the colors can be and they're much less likely to move around and sting everything. Please help me decide! Thank you all!

Tank picture V

1724614204767.png
I personally like RFAs but for your tank I think it would depend on where you are looking to put them. I find RFAs will stay put if they are at the sand. I have 6 RFAs in a bare bottom and they are always on the move. If you want one to place higher on the rocks I would go BTA .

OP
OP
NonstopSoda

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it really depends on what YOU are REALLY wanting out of the anemone addition. If you are wanting to add the anemone for your clown, then definitely the BTA. Although, there is no guarantee that your clown will even host it (I currently have 5 big beautiful rainbow BTAs in my tank and my clowns host a toadstool :face-with-rolling-eyes:). As far as the BTA walking goes, mine usually move only after splitting or if I rearrange things in the tank. Like it or not, wherever you try to put it, it is likely not going to stay exactly where you place it. Your corals will be put at risk for being stung no matter what you do. Just a risk that you will need to decide if it is worth it to you or not.

If you are not looking for your clown to host the nem addition and are just wanting to add an anomone, I would absolutely go with the RFA. They travel less, take up less space, and come in absolutely amazing color varities. They will not multiply without another RFA in the tank. Unlike the BTA, which multiply all on their own.

So, it's ultimately what you are looking to gain from your nem addition IMO.
I shall go with a RFA! I love the color morphs that are available for these nems and the main reason Im getting a nem is mostly for a porcelain crab!

brettdyer80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALSO! for the bubble tip enjoyers! I would love some advice on where I could put it so that it doesn't move and won't detached and go straight into my gyre :grinning-face-with-sweat:
Lol Good luck My one RBTA has turned into 21 last count ‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_20240901_112727.jpg
    IMG_20240901_112727.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 20

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back