Should I buy PAR meter?

Drpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This my 1st post on this site.
I have kept an 180 gallon FOWLR and 90 gallon soft coral tanks for more than 10 years.
Last year I had to purchase 2 new tanks during home remodeling. The old tanks were not salvageable when being dismantled.
Now I would like to raise SPF corals. Current lighting is Reef Breeders Photon V2 48" programable LED fixture.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Doug

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before buying, I'd see if someone near you has one they can lend you. In reality I used the one I purchased probably only a couple times, once the lights are set up, it's pretty much set and forget. One other recommendation before spending the money is checking the par database in here to see if anyone with your lights and similar tank dimensions has posted their PAR measurements.

OP
OP
D

Drpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before buying, I'd see if someone near you has one they can lend you. In reality I used the one I purchased probably only a couple times, once the lights are set up, it's pretty much set and forget. One other recommendation before spending the money is checking the par database in here to see if anyone with your lights and similar tank dimensions has posted their PAR measurements.
Thx for the response.
I'll check the database.
Doug

RWReefer

Funding a new addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
want to do a mixed reef and just at startup so figured it would be a good idea to get the lights dialed in now. Don’t think I would need a PAR meter permanently. Came across this website in my search and thought it might help you.

PAR meter rental

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
want to do a mixed reef and just at startup so figured it would be a good idea to get the lights dialed in now. Don’t think I would need a PAR meter permanently. Came across this website in my search and thought it might help you.

PAR meter rental
Id avoid PYR. Their service is atrocious.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back