Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a reef tank like 4 or 5 years ago, broke everything down when I moved sold some stuff save my lights n fan ... currently I have 2 AI Vegas n an mp40 fan . Saw a video from 2018 with a guy saying he’s retiring his Vegas’s for new leds .. so basically my question is should I retire these leds n get new ones? Are the new leds that much better? or do I stick with the lights I have . Setting up a 75g reef tank, should I get a different fan also ? Also up I. The air about bare bottom tank or sand bed , any thoughts on this ? Just for fun here a pic from my last tank

AquaCave Logo Banner

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would base your decision on replacing the lights on whether or not the current lights meet your needs for coverage and PAR output. I use Ocean Revive T247’s and grow acropora just fine and I’d consider these cheap LEDs with updated diodes to improve (IMO) spectrum

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. If they worked great for you before, why fix it if it isnt broke ;)
The only concern would be if the lights fail and replacement parts are needed, likely very hard to find being discontinued. I'd use them till they fail and then buy new :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

maroun.c

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newer LEDs might be best for coloration with the added UV, better colir blending, less disco ball effect.... u can still try ur old ones and see if your happy with the results then use them for couple years or till they fail and then replace.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back