Should I be worried about the tank seal?

BRS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

Nelve

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea just agreed to send a seam split customer a new tank, see the thread popped up alongside this one

so, contact red sea, and show them that thread in the link for your communication to them

then update us on time to response from rs + quality of response from them, before your issue compounds

They have already agreed to send a new tank, but with the stand sagging I'm worried it'll just happen again. I already purchased an Innovative Marine tank anyway that shipped out yesterday and I'm hoping their tanks are much better quality. Plus having a metal stand sounds much more sturdy. I'd rather avoid Red Sea as of now.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you for detailed feedback for sure, helpful thread here for others to see the outcomes of handling this stressor, great thread

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

gmdcdvm

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would definitely contact RS ,they are well aware of these failures , may issue you replacement
If it is under warranty they might. If not good luck. Mine failed 3 months out of warranty. They offered a replacement for a fee plus shipping. By the time I added it all up it was not worth it.
Gerry

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is under warranty they might. If not good luck. Mine failed 3 months out of warranty. They offered a replacement for a fee plus shipping. By the time I added it all up it was not worth it.
Gerry

Not to mention could you sleep at night knowing it was another Red Sea? I could not.

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would definitely contact RS ,they are well aware of these failures , may issue you replacement
They appear to have serious adhesion issues. Materials, prep, training… something. You couldn’t give me one. I assume a replacement is going to fail as well.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back