Should I add an anenome to my tank?

Cenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tempImagexdhHsF.jpg

Hey everyone, this is my tank setup, the tank has been up and running for over a year now. I've finally started to put some coral in (all beginner stuff) as im really looking to add some color to the tank. My first question is what other corals should I be adding that will help brighten up the tank. Secondly, I was recommended to get a rbta. However, I'm a little uneasy about it as I have heard it could eat fish or inverts. So, I was wondering if that would be the case, in my tank right now I have the 2 clowfish you see in the picture, a lawnmower blend and a red linckia starfish. My CUC consists of 2 nassarius snails, one turbo, 2 hermits, one conch, 2 ceriths and a blood red fire shrimp. The corals I have are 2 sets of zoas, some pulsing xenia, 3 mushrooms and some gsp growing on the back wall. So, would a rbta be a good addition to the tank or should i steer clear?

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put a bubble tip in a tank that size that has coral. I kept them for years but I no longer keep them in tanks with coral. Maybe look into rock flower nems. They come in many different colors and I've never had to move one because it decided to relocate and start stinging coral. The the clowns may or may not host in the nem if that is a reason people say to add one.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tempImagexdhHsF.jpg

Hey everyone, this is my tank setup, the tank has been up and running for over a year now. I've finally started to put some coral in (all beginner stuff) as im really looking to add some color to the tank. My first question is what other corals should I be adding that will help brighten up the tank. Secondly, I was recommended to get a rbta. However, I'm a little uneasy about it as I have heard it could eat fish or inverts. So, I was wondering if that would be the case, in my tank right now I have the 2 clowfish you see in the picture, a lawnmower blend and a red linckia starfish. My CUC consists of 2 nassarius snails, one turbo, 2 hermits, one conch, 2 ceriths and a blood red fire shrimp. The corals I have are 2 sets of zoas, some pulsing xenia, 3 mushrooms and some gsp growing on the back wall. So, would a rbta be a good addition to the tank or should i steer clear?
BTA's don't eat healthy fish, but they will snack on the sick or seriously injured who stumble into them.

They do tend to wander and when they do they kill coral by stinging them.

The also love getting sucked into wavemakers and ending up as anemone soup which is not so good for the tank.

I'd suggest a pass in a small tank populated with frags.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only when you upgrade to a larger tank, then make this an anemone tank with clowns. They will multiply and if in a main display can be a big nuisance.

I had one in my 40 that did not split for almost a year, then in 6 months became 8+. I started my EVO back up and moved them to it. It was a pain to get some of them, took a few days to get them all.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the reasons mentioned above I won’t put a bta in my 32g, I do have RFAs though. My clowns are hosted by my duncan coral which doesn’t seem to mind. This relationship has been going strong for almost two years.
E43100BF-E68F-4C43-BA28-AE02C5D11535.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the replies, should i go with a rock flower anenome instead, and also what else would you recommend to get some good color to the tank?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back