Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just broken in now I think I still have to close the valve maybe a hair more on the bottom to raise the internal water up a tad but it’s skimming very well. Probably have 2-3 inches of very dark skimmate in the cup. I think you’ll be perfectly fine with it. I mean it is a pretty big skimmer it’s almost as big as the skimz I had in there I’d venture a guess probably would be good up to a good 75 gallon or so heavily stocked.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine at most probably have to empty 1 time a week maybe every other. How often do you have to empty? I also aim for a dry skim not wet btw. I’m probably gonna end a couple more fish as I’m only down to the tomini, the purple tang, the flame angel and 1 clown and some snails. I haven’t seen the wrasses in weeks so I can only assume they passed away. But want to add another radiant wrasse and a clown to pair back up with the other so it isn’t lonely but I’m either thinking a couple damsels to help with pests or some

AquaCave Logo Banner

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine at most probably have to empty 1 time a week maybe every other. How often do you have to empty? I also aim for a dry skim not wet btw. I’m probably gonna end a couple more fish as I’m only down to the tomini, the purple tang, the flame angel and 1 clown and some snails. I haven’t seen the wrasses in weeks so I can only assume they passed away. But want to add another radiant wrasse and a clown to pair back up with the other so it isn’t lonely but I’m either thinking a couple damsels to help with pests or some
right now I am cleaning about little more than every week with the collection cup not completely full. Its not completely dry skim, but not super wet either. I just didnt want to have to clean more than once a week since the skimmer doesn't have an external waste collector port.

OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now I am cleaning about little more than every week with the collection cup not completely full. Its not completely dry skim, but not super wet either. I just didnt want to have to clean more than once a week since the skimmer doesn't have an external waste collector port.
Yeah that was the one downside I didn’t like about it but I’m very limited on space in this sump and it barely fits. Are you running filter socks or no

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was the one downside I didn’t like about it but I’m very limited on space in this sump and it barely fits. Are you running filter socks or no
yea I am running filter socks as well. Changing those out a little bit under a week. The skimmer barely fits in my sump :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have a small 14x14 eshopps sump and it takes up 90% of skimmer compartment. (I also have the air intake slightly tilted so it fits). Here's a photo:
1673041580420.png

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
xshmoox

xshmoox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I am running filter socks as well. Changing those out a little bit under a week. The skimmer barely fits in my sump :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have a small 14x14 eshopps sump and it takes up 90% of skimmer compartment. (I also have the air intake slightly tilted so it fits). Here's a photo:
View attachment 2962911
My skimmer chamber is only like a half inch wider than that lol

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer chamber is only like a half inch wider than that lol
lol we're in the same boat then. I will probably turn my 25g cube into a sump when I upgrade to the 60g. hopefully that will give me some space. Currently really cramped

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back