Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a pistol shrimp! I can hear the little bugger :) Not found him yet! UPDATE: Gorilla Crab found! Going to see if I can catch him in a shot glass with some scallop for bait! If I cant, well, it's going to be Ice PIck'ogeddon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk about the wife! The day the equipment arrived she made it very clear that although she had given the green light, she really did not want a fish tank. Skip forward to the tank arrival, she made it clear, once again that this tank was a bad idea, it would look horrible and be noisy and she made it very obvious this project did not have her full support.

The tank build! She would turn her nose up and help under duress with the parts I needed two sets of hands help with. Again, "This is your tank, I want nothing to do with it"

Now skip forward to a beautiful looking tank. Water crystal clear, live rock doing live rock stuff. I'm sitting upstairs on my computer. All day today, she shouts upstairs, maybe every 20 mins or so. "Lee" I reply yes, in that drawn out yes way "Come and have a look at this thing on the rock" 20 mins later, "Oi, Lee" again, yes dear? "what's this thing on the rock" "what's making that tapping noise" She is sitting on a chair in front of the glass waiting to spy something!

It's a beautiful thing :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk about the wife! The day the equipment arrived she made it very clear that although she had given the green light, she really did not want a fish tank. Skip forward to the tank arrival, she made it clear, once again that this tank was a bad idea, it would look horrible and be noisy and she made it very obvious this project did not have her full support.

The tank build! She would turn her nose up and help under duress with the parts I needed two sets of hands help with. Again, "This is your tank, I want nothing to do with it"

Now skip forward to a beautiful looking tank. Water crystal clear, live rock doing live rock stuff. I'm sitting upstairs on my computer. All day today, she shouts upstairs, maybe every 20 mins or so. "Lee" I reply yes, in that drawn out yes way "Come and have a look at this thing on the rock" 20 mins later, "Oi, Lee" again, yes dear? "what's this thing on the rock" "what's making that tapping noise" She is sitting on a chair in front of the glass waiting to spy something!

It's a beautiful thing :)

Lee...this made me laugh...a lot! Far better she's on board. Let her pick out a coral or two and do everything possible to keep them alive and you'll be fine.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia up to 0.2 this morning. Nitrates still at 2 and Nitrites still At 0

9414CFD1-625B-4A33-AD65-6666F0EED359.jpeg

BRS

melanotaenia

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it alone; there is going to be die off from the rock over the next few weeks from the transit, and you will have plenty of ammonia in the tank for it to cycle, with time. I would not recommend adding any external ammonia sources or chemicals to increase your ammonia levels now that you have live rock in the tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it alone; there is going to be die off from the rock over the next few weeks from the transit, and you will have plenty of ammonia in the tank for it to cycle, with time. I would not recommend adding any external ammonia sources or chemicals to increase your ammonia levels now that you have live rock in the tank.
Ok, thanks sir. Should I leave the lights on longer? I been running them 5 hours a day

melanotaenia

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I would leave the lights on; it's good to try and keep what made the trip from FL alive in your tank; I would also recommend giving the rocks a quick "scrub" with a toothbrush if you see any obvious large patches of die off (sponges usually don't make the trip, you'll see dead ones show up as white and come off easy with a soft scrub with a toothbrush). Good luck!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back