Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SunnyX Your tank looks great and I always love reading about your methods. I use the DIY snow in my own tank, and really buy into your thoughts on bacteria.

Would love more detail on this tank - are you running GAC 24/7 or just occasionally?

How much and how often are your water changes?

Thank you!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SunnyX interesting, seems we both some of the same things with good results. All-for-reef, kalk, snow, bacto balance, heavy-in/out, no tinkering, high PH

I don't use zeo but maybe I'll give it a try.

For me All-for-reef was also a gamechanger. Didn't really do a water change for 6 months. So easy and cheap to use (powder)

Yes, AFR is a game changer. I too have drastically dialed back my water changes and the system has never looked better.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SunnyX Your tank looks great and I always love reading about your methods. I use the DIY snow in my own tank, and really buy into your thoughts on bacteria.

Would love more detail on this tank - are you running GAC 24/7 or just occasionally?

How much and how often are your water changes?

Thank you!

Hello and thank you!

I do run GAC 24/7 in a mesh bag which is placed in the second row of filter socks. I use BRS ROX 0.8.

Concerning water changes, I have scaled them back to once every six weeks, 40gls.

air_run

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kalkwasser. Every successful system I have run has been topped off by kalakwasser. It’s almost criminal how cheap and effective it is in maintaining you elements and ph. I would not run a system without it. I use a Tunze Calcium dispenser that is fed by a Tunze Osmolator that draws fresh water from my reservoir in the sump.
Sunny, do you top off 24/7 or only during lights out period? I would like to hear how you implemented this as well, as far as figuring how much Kalkwasser to add to the Tunze 5074 in the beginning. Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner

graziano

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you!

I do run GAC 24/7 in a mesh bag which is placed in the second row of filter socks. I use BRS ROX 0.8.

Concerning water changes, I have scaled them back to once every six weeks, 40gls.
Hi Sunny, is this calcium carbonate good for creating the Coral Snow solution? Thank you

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back