Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have neglected heavy feeding, photosynthesis uptake by coral and fast growing Caulerpa’s have stripped nitrogen from the water resulting in white fluid seeping from stems of Caulerpa Paspoidies. This tank is 120G, five year mature with 40G cryptic refugium and a 4’ vertical column of 3” clear pvc a 3’ led submersible 5000K spectrum light. At this time I am growing two red macros from Gulf of Mexico. Clear pvc allowing viewing the pod brothers, cope & amphi.

As lights came on, I noted cloudy water and saw white spot in the middle of thick patch of emerald green fern Caulerpa. As I have two ornamental seaweed lagoons set up for 8 months, I have found that the addition of 1ml of ammonia for every 10G of system water is safe & effective as a daily dose rate with a mature system. For an event like this I more than doubled the dosage with 40ml of NH4 and 20ml of ChaetoGro.

First picture taken 30 minutes ago when lights first came on. Second picture taken just now of partial sexual event for this fast growing seaweed.

3BC90D96-AF44-4C04-B7A1-B490C62D13F4.jpeg image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back