Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarfs won t take frozen mysis. It s way too big. They will feast on newly hatched live mysis (i keep adults in one of my dwarf tank for that purpose + cleaning)
Your fry will be eaten as soon as born by tankmates. Housing dwarfs with the fishs you mentionned is a very bad idea.
H.zosterae is VERY prolific. I started with 6 on may 25th , add 3 more 2 weeks later and now i have more than a hundred.... o_O
An extra care must be taken with dwarfs and set up. No live rocks (start with dry rocks!) and clean macro (previous fenbendazole bath), decapsuled bbs... to avoid hydroids that can be deadly to them. There are many different types of hydroids, they are harmless and common in reef tanks but with dwarfs it s a disaster.
Bbs alone are not enough, especially for juveniles and adults. They should be gutloaded after a few days. Copepods is a good food also.

Thank you my husband is making copepods I'll see they get them. I have had 6 babies they are 29 days old doing great nothing tried to eat them I guess I got lucky, I do have one live rock in the tank and it hasn't seemed to affect them and live sand that I took out of our 125 gal tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Critterheaven

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girls are still a bit puzzled about the whole feeding dish idea. The mysis is on the top ladies!!
IMG_0526.JPG

Nutramar Foods

gypsysea

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you my husband is making copepods I'll see they get them. I have had 6 babies they are 29 days old doing great nothing tried to eat them I guess I got lucky, I do have one live rock in the tank and it hasn't seemed to affect them and live sand that I took out of our 125 gal tank.

OK we took the live rock out but left everything else . Thank you for your help

Nutramar Foods

Critterheaven

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girls are the ones that know what to do with the dish. I think there must have been some that floated off and under! Draco on the other hand, likes to be hand fed one Mysis at a time from the baster LOL.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girls are the ones that know what to do with the dish. I think there must have been some that floated off and under! Draco on the other hand, likes to be hand fed one Mysis at a time from the baster LOL.
That's my Clyde! Is it a boy thing? Ugh. Lol

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back