• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SC's Ultimate Chalice Growout

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's time to discuss getting the corals from him and letting someone else complete the grow out. IF anyone can get a hold of him that is. I have about another month to a month and a half in Germany so I can't do it. But the way it's going I could be back home before anyone gets him on the phone.....In that case I would volunteer to finish it out. If anyone has suggestions please let us know!

CLICK TO VIEW

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if we could sue him for "breech of contract" If he doesn't answer us? I am at a loss as to what to do. I do know that we need another person to take this over though. If we get him to answer that is. I'm of the opinion that he has had his chance. Even if he does get back on here and explain what happened. I don't want to rely on him anymore.

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had a good idea, but at this point I'm simply wishing I never spent the money to take part in this grow out.
Even if this one somehow works itself out, I doubt I'll ever take part in one again.

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we should just wait this out. If any of you guys have been following the other growout, Brian finally responded to someone and said he would update in a few days.

myzislow

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys who actually know where he lives should go knock on his door everyday until you reach him....Pretty sad, dude seemed to have morals and was always the first one to police the forums when he was a mod...now hes the one who needs some moderating on...

MattL22

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way I see it part of the fun of being in a grow out is updates with pics and discussion so even if he has a good reason why he hasn't done the updates it's time for someone who can and will jmo
Good luck I'm sure he will pop up soon

jaypainter24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now a days most people have a smartphone and can send pics and texts with no need for internet at home. Would be great if he took the time to send out a mass email from his smartphone and say things are good here are a few cellphone pics of your investments. JMO

Good Luck to you all and hope things work out in the end.

Top Shelf Aquatics

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now a days most people have a smartphone and can send pics and texts with no need for internet at home. Would be great if he took the time to send out a mass email from his smartphone and say things are good here are a few cellphone pics of your investments. JMO

Good Luck to you all and hope things work out in the end.

you're totally right- working on it, just have had some more pressing things needing my attention lately. I'll get you an update soon- in the meantime can everyone PM me their personal email so I don't have to go through the forum? thanks.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can everyone shoot me a PM with their email addy? Might not be on the forums (as I haven't been) but need to fix this lack of communication and get everyone up to speed. Thanks!

You have had my e-mail address since last night. When do you plan on using it??

Top Shelf Aquatics

xxbrianxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as everyone shoots me a PM with their email, or tomorrow night (if not everyone sends me their email, I'lll just email those who have and hit the rest up as soon as I get the emails) I'll get everyone a better update on whats going on with everything.

That was posted in the other growout thread the day before yesterday...unless I'm getting mixed up here. Was this only for the other growout? Or were you referring to ours as well?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pictures or updates for the other growout either. It was interesting how we get a post for the first time in a few months and a bunch of people dropped to their knees and proclaimed him the next Messiah. But who knows, his phone may have fallen in water again so let's give him some more time.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pictures or updates for the other growout either. It was interesting how we get a post for the first time in a few months and a bunch of people dropped to their knees and proclaimed him the next Messiah. But who knows, his phone may have fallen in water again so let's give him some more time.

:snicker::snicker::snicker::snicker:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back