Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I edit the first post to remove the "Emergency" tag? This is no longer urgent. Damage as been done, I'm healing the favia. The chalice, goniopora, and one mushroom are long gone.

I spent 2 hours late last night and was able to catch the two of the 3 shrimps using bait, multiple bottle traps, and a net. The 3rd peppermint is the smallest and I don't think has developed a taste for coral yet, but he's still going to be condemned.

Here's a mugshot of the two murderers in a QT jail tank. They're both pregnant with eggs.

20230503_133401.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

genetao

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a peppermint shrimp to take care of my aiptasia problem. The shrimp never touched them. So I purchased a second peppermint, and that one ate aiptasia.

Eventually the first shrimp learned from the second shrimp that aiptasia were edible. So they both went to town on the aiptasia.

Once there were no more aiptasia to be seen, they started munching on my flower nems. “Adaptable, they are”. So I had to move them out. Never trust a peppermint. They can adapt to what they eat.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Fishy888

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fortunate so far. I have two Lysmata Bogessi shrimp. They’re often called peppermint shrimp as well. Mine are a little over a year old now and haven’t gone for any coral in that time. The first night I had them they ate the only two aiptasia I had. I haven’t seen one since.

True peppermint shrimp, Lysmata Wurdemanni, are another story. I’ve never had any even look at an aiptasia but they had no problem stealing food from my Micromussa Lordhowensis years ago.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back