• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sand Bar Coral Farms, A++

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Starblenny

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my review of Sand Bar Coral Farms. After winning a frag pack from SBCF, I'm definitely a customer. The corals came in healthy and opened up within a few hours.

41635460242_0b25ff64a7_z.jpg

Didn't take a picture of the box but it came in without any incident or leaks. The cooler it came in fit nice and snug in the box and after opening it, I was surprised to see that the corals were triple bagged and labeled, although it wasn't exactly labeled as. For example, one of the bags was labeled as an acan but there was a zoa in it. Still, its a free frag pack that SBCF picked out and each of them were labeled as a "promotional item" so not a big deal for me.

41635458502_07b9ae9767_z.jpg

2 zoa frags: 2+ polyps of Rastas (the real ones) and 3 polyps of some unknown zoas (dark middle with faint red ring , which I dig).

41635459552_8a50f5fda6_z.jpg

I was surprised I had a 2 headed frogspawn. Green with purple tips. Pretty excited.

41635459742_b8e2a0da43_z.jpg

I received 2 shrooms; a bright green hairy rhodactis (my 2nd favorite coral out of the pack) and a smaller orange/red rhodactis in front of the green hairy one. I'm happy that these shrooms came in rocks instead being attached to a frag plug.

41635458932_4e2202c82e_z.jpg

My favorite coral out of the six corals in the pack. Bright peachy orange/red/pink micro lord that glows. Could not take a good pic that shows off how pretty it looks.

Customer service was great. Drew at SBCF called me when there was an issue and was willing to work with me to get the corals shipped within my time frame. He even sent me an e-mail with the tracking a day before it actually shipped and followed up with me when I received my package to make sure that all the corals were fine.

Overall, I'd buy stuff from them. Heck, I wouldn't mind driving down to SBCF and checking it out myself.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back