SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

AquaCave
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures will have to come tomorrow, but did a 90% water change on the 25g. Moved both of the leathers over from the fluval into the 25. One of them is very unhappy with me since I had to break apart the rock it was on originally. They tend to be pretty resilient though. I moved the rasta zoas over into the 62g mixed reef but left the queen midas zoas in the 25 with the rest of the softys.

Got the aquamaxx skimmer raised up with an acrylic stand in the 62 and its working much better now. Getting a lot of micro bubbles in the display now but hoping it settles down.

Tomorrow going to catch the clowns from the fluval and move them into the 25gal, and move the royal gramma into the 62g mixed tank. Then going to finally break down the entire tank, and move it out of the house. Then going to bribe my family into letting me rearrange the living room furniture again.

Corals.com
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying goodbye to an Era. This tank had been running for 3 years and was the first saltwater tank I purchased for myself. All the corals are out, draining some water to make catching the late few fish easier, and then moving it out of the house tonight.

20221015_113900.jpg

Avast
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved some things around in the bedroom today, still want to build an actual stand for the 25 instead of using the night stand

20221016_154115.jpg

Pretty sure I've bleached out my leather entirely. I think i miscalculated how much stronger the ai prime was from the old fluval lights.

20221016_122431.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had a crazy busy week, tonight was the high school homecoming game and the dance is tomorrow night. Spending most of this week transporting teenagers back and forth across the county..... while randomly being told last minute they need some completely unexpected clothing item.

Tonight before we left for the football game, I turned off the pumps to the tank to feed the fish....... and apparently forgot to turn them back on. I didn't find out until 6 hours later when we got home. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if anything crashed.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking happy, starting to see a bit of diatoms but I expected that with the new sand. I was a little surprised by how high my silicate was on my most recent ICP test though. I also had some elevated aluminum lavels so i added some brightwell purit in an aquamaxx reactor.

20221022_095316.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other project for today was finishing setting up my ATO container. It's a 10gal brute trash can with a 1/4 inch tubing connector so that I can close the lid completely without pinching the tube.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1666496828114.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new local fish store opened up near me so of course we had to go check them out. I came home with three new hammers for my collection. Really great place and I can't wait to see what they do once they are fully opened up.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1666563687226.jpg

@Koral King

20221023_133635.jpg

20221023_133228.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yall ain't going to believe this.... but when we drove up to check out @Koral King last weekend, they were holding a raffle for their grand opening and I got a ticket for making a purchase and got following them on Instagram. I found out last night that I won the drawing!!!

Screenshot_20221025-204408_Instagram.jpg

So now I have a new Waterbox Cube 10 on its way to me so it is like the macro algae tank is definitely going to happen!!!! I'm super excited!!

I reached out to @Gulf Live Rock to see about picking up some of their live rock for the nano build.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently @Gulf Live Rock doesn't let you pick up locally (even though their website says to email them for local pick up)....and honestly I can't justify paying $100 to overnight ship something that is right down the road from me.

So I'm gonna talk to @LiverockRocks to see what they have for a nano tank. The reason I went to gulf first was because they offer a package specifically put together for nano tanks and that got my interest first.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My youngest child graduates high school next year and I'm starting to consider going back to school myself. I'm currently working 50+ hours a week in a field where I'm completely unable to take any time off for myself at all. Right now I'm running a fever and struggling to pass a kidney stone while still taking care of 20 patients of my own every day and barely making enough to have a savings account. If we get sick we have to just put on masks and keep coming to work no matter what. And I'm just tired. Also the air conditioner went out at my house and the temperature in my fish tanks is getting up to about 83 degrees during the day but I can't take time off work to schedule a repair guy to come take a look at it so I've got to pay the after hours emergency fee so they can come over the weekend.

Nutramar Foods

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So apparently @Gulf Live Rock doesn't let you pick up locally (even though their website says to email them for local pick up)....and honestly I can't justify paying $100 to overnight ship something that is right down the road from me.

So I'm gonna talk to @LiverockRocks to see what they have for a nano tank. The reason I went to gulf first was because they offer a package specifically put together for nano tanks and that got my interest first.
Howdy @SaltwaterandLime,
We offer a couple options for nanos in the Treasure Chest section of the website.
You might be interested in Pico Package or a 10-gallon TBS Package.
Any of our products are available for local pickup.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221030_115758.jpg

One of the tanks struggled with the heat more than the other. The smaller tank just doesn't evaporate as much and even with a fan blowing across it constantly it got temps up to 83 degrees at times. Moved the nem into the big tank in an acclimation box and it's going much better. We temporarily installed a window unit ac and got things back under control, hopefully the central ac will be fixed on Monday.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that it’s been running for a while, how are the return nozzles? Any trouble with keeping them spinning?

Horrible video quality made even worse by turning it into a gif, but hopefully this will give you some idea.

I ended up taking them apart and trimming a bit of plastic off each propeller to make them spin a little easier, but they still aren't great. You can actually remove the spinning pieces entirely and have it just come out in one big direction, but I don't like that it's open to snails them. I'm planning on upgrading the pumps eventually so maybe that will increase the spin.

OutColdCRNA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Horrible video quality made even worse by turning it into a gif, but hopefully this will give you some idea.

I ended up taking them apart and trimming a bit of plastic off each propeller to make them spin a little easier, but they still aren't great. You can actually remove the spinning pieces entirely and have it just come out in one big direction, but I don't like that it's open to snails them. I'm planning on upgrading the pumps eventually so maybe that will increase the spin.
Thanks! That is the only potential downside I see with the whole tank! I looked into fusion 360 to start learning and hopefully be able to build a file for filter floss holders and refugium basket to be able to 3D print.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back