Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been feeling under the weather the last 24hours and didn’t interact with the tank in my office. Went up stairs tonight to feed and had a flood. Looks like your typical ATO flood. Salinity dropped to 1.018. I can’t be sure how fast it dropped. Anywhere from 1-24hours. Fish, corals, inverts all seem
Fine at the moment. What should I expect. Is 1.018 in the range I might be ok?

Going to let evap bring the salinity back up for now. Then depending how close that brings me back to 1.025 do a water change to bring it the rest of the way. If it’s not close I guess top off with salt until I’m there?

thoughts, advice, assurance?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Propane

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a thread on here where a reefer said his salinity was at 1.017. Not sure for how long but it was due to a refractometer issue. It was MJV15. Check it out maybe that will help. I’d like to know what you do all the same.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

Dine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still bringing this back up. So far nothing has really had any adverse effects. Sps still colored up, zoas still producing new heads, no invert losses that I can see. I am
Missing a black cap basslet but he had gone missing a day before so he’s either hiding or maybe an unrelated loss.

the one odd side effect is all my calcified algae clinging to my glass basically melted and cleaned up really nice. I had been putting off a good glass cleaning until I felt better and it was so much easier than usual.

just documenting in case people search when finding themselves in a similar situation.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back