+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello pleas can anyone know about this problem
I have this salfin tang for 4 months and last week I bought new fish to my tank one of them they have "white spots" ,so i turn off the light and I increase the temp to 28 later i add a few drops of "cupramine" like 10 drops only because my fish still eating and acting good just body color problem

pleas anyone can help me
5E9925FE-EE4E-4C30-A95D-77B95B949B9B.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello pleas can anyone know about this problem
I have this salfin tang for 4 months and last week I bought new fish to my tank one of them they have "white spots" ,so i turn off the light and I increase the temp to 28 later i add a few drops of "cupramine" like 10 drops only because my fish still eating and acting good just body color problem

pleas anyone can help me View attachment 2849245
Looks to me like a case of ‘Black Ich’, often common within the tangs. I believe it’s cured the same way as the ‘normal ich’ we see in this hobby.

OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply,so no problem keep turning the lights off and the temp at 28 do i have to add any medical copper or no they will be okay after some days ??
Looks to me like a case of ‘Black Ich’, often common within the tangs. I believe it’s cured the same way as the ‘normal ich’ we see in this hobby.

Nutramar Foods

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In saltwater tanks, increasing temperature isn't a good idea. 28 C (82.4 F) isn't terribly high, but just be aware that increasing temp for freshwater ich can help, but it doesn't help here and is actually an additional stressor.

Anyway, if it is a bad case of black ich, that's actually a disease caused by worms.

[HASH=55964]#fishmedic[/HASH]

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

These spots are too large to be black ich. The skin is actually reacting to something - possibly a skin fluke. Do you have access to Prazipro?

Jay

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Mohammad.ki

Mohammad.ki

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes no one of my fish i guess they have black ich it's normal ich "white spot " but only the salfin tang before they keep eating from the glass the algae and one of the fish i bought it they get stree and the spread the ich all over the fish my question is why only the salfin they get medium black spot and it's very helthy and active and eating well just skin problem most of the time his color light white and in his body there is white spot shown

Pleas any help how to remove this ich from my tank note i get 6 fish together one of them get strees and get ich ,so after one week all my fish get ich what should i do i turn off the light and i increase the temp to 26 and i am adding few of copper to my tank do i have to add normal dose or what ????
Look at photo there is white spot

Attachments

• 23D293FE-A17D-4835-A58F-9B66B8A94016.jpeg
    23D293FE-A17D-4835-A58F-9B66B8A94016.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes no one of my fish i guess they have black ich it's normal ich "white spot " but only the salfin tang before they keep eating from the glass the algae and one of the fish i bought it they get stree and the spread the ich all over the fish my question is why only the salfin they get medium black spot and it's very helthy and active and eating well just skin problem most of the time his color light white and in his body there is white spot shown

Pleas any help how to remove this ich from my tank note i get 6 fish together one of them get strees and get ich ,so after one week all my fish get ich what should i do i turn off the light and i increase the temp to 26 and i am adding few of copper to my tank do i have to add normal dose or what ????
Look at photo there is white spot
I’m not expert but isn’t that also a mix of velvet? The spots look too small to be inch but Again, I’m not an expert.

ASIN28

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are adding copper directly into your display tank? If you plan on adding coral you are going to have a very hard time. You should remove these fish and put them into a separate quarantine tank and treat in there. I would start with Prazipro and go from there. If you want to do copper as long as it’s not velvet, slowly ramp it up to thereaputic levels in QT tank

AS

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see ich clearly in this photo. Don’t raise the temperature, that is old advice. A full dose of copper in a treatment tank or a low salinity treatment in your display tank would be two options.
Jay

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back