Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a custom acrylic sump with clear baffles. I want to add a fuge and black out the 1 chamber to prevent light spill. What paint is safe to use on the acrylic baffles? Was thinking marine grade epoxy, but wondering if there is something easier to use that will hold up to submerged saltwater like enamel. Thanks.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get some Thin ABS Sheet from someplace like Amazon. Measure, Score with new Razor Knife. Slowly bend it increasingly at the score till it snaps. Sand the sharp edge off. Drill small holes in the ABS and Sump, use Nylon Screws to attach it. If you don’t want to drill, you could use the all plastic clothes pins, from the Dollar Store. Push Sand against the bottom.

OP
OP
cyber_ecco

cyber_ecco

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I would be looking for a reef safe plastic wrap/film or even black acrylic sheets to use alongside.
Additional sheets, depending on which side they are could be extended up to provide more shading too.
I've done that in the past with glass baffles. These baffles have lots of cutouts though, will be major pain.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back