Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on humidity management ? I’m planning a similar size build and it’s a concern

I also am constantly concerned of how I'm going to need to control heat and humidity in my office after the big tank is up and running. I'm leaning towards a mini-split with a ceiling mount cassette. A whole-house dehumidifier or ERV in the crawl space above my office would definitely solve the humidify issues, but I'm worried about the fact that these units sometimes **add** a little heat as they dehumidify. I've had an AC company quote me to install a dehumidifier in the crawl space and it would cost about the same as a mini-split.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
rsumner

rsumner

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally finished my aquascape, have sand in the tank and I’m filling it with RODI now.

IMG_3742.jpeg

IMG_3740.jpeg

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3739.jpeg

I also got 100% of the plumbing done and got most of the electrical done too.

I’ll provide more updates after the tank fills and I start cycling it.

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I’m out in Steiner Ranch, but office is in Lakeway. Reach out if you ever need a hand with anything.

Nice build as well!

We were in Bee Cave for 10 years, then moved to Llano to renovate a 120 year old house and start a brewery. We're back in the area close to the bridge on 71.

We put in an offer on a house in Lakeway on Rolling Green Drive, actually happy it didn't go through. It was a very large house and needed a complete remodel. The pool also needed to be redone, chunks of plaster were breaking off.

Corals.com

GarrettT

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We put in an offer on a house in Lakeway on Rolling Green Drive, actually happy it didn't go through. It was a very large house and needed a complete remodel. The pool also needed to be redone, chunks of plaster were breaking off.
Man, this hits close to home. Just remodeled mine and honestly it just about killed me. The lack of contractors and experience out here really makes thing hard. Dont even get me started on the cost. Don't know how my tank survived these last 6 months lol. If you're ever looking for sometime, check with me first, as I tend to hoard stuff around here.

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this hits close to home. Just remodeled mine and honestly it just about killed me. The lack of contractors and experience out here really makes thing hard. Dont even get me started on the cost. Don't know how my tank survived these last 6 months lol. If you're ever looking for sometime, check with me first, as I tend to hoard stuff around here.

Having just done a foundation to roof remodel in Llano (also completely remodeled the brewpub in an old building on the square), the builder finishes here drove us crazy. We've already done extensive renovations to the house we just moved into, even though it was built in 2015 LOL

Can see some of the renovation here:

AquaCave Logo Banner

lubeck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally finished my aquascape, have sand in the tank and I’m filling it with RODI now.

View attachment 3169847

View attachment 3169848

View attachment 3169853

View attachment 3169855

I also got 100% of the plumbing done and got most of the electrical done too.

I’ll provide more updates after the tank fills and I start cycling it.
It’s been a long time coming for this moment! You must be stoked to get the cycle started. Can’t wait to see this beast filled up and stocked.
cant Wait to hear feedback on the skimmer.

what are the initial stocking plans for fish/cuc.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back