Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way to keep your pods away from your zoas is to put them in a place where pods can't get to them. Eggcrate and a magnet work well for this. Since I don't have that many magnets I like to use some suction cups with a well cleaned glass.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly....Something about the RPE that is tasty or something.... I am about to give up on them, although they are one of my favorites but I can't take it any more much less spending money on pod food.....

are you sure its pods that are eating the skirts?

all of my palys seem to be tasty to something also. but i have my suspicions that its these little white asterina star fish that are eating the skirts off of some of them. my RPE's, PRPE's, and AOG's seem to be the most tastey.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's pods in my tank eattin them. they have been moved up for a couple weeks now. no others are eattin

hmmm, i'm not sure thats the case in my tank. my zoa tank, which is a 20g-long...has a mandarin AND a six-line wrasse. i dont see any pods unless i lift rocks up etc.

but here's a thought, say my problem is POD related, as well as everyone elses problem. are these normal pods? or some sort of other POD that likes to eat corals, and not tastey to our mandarins and wrasses?

has anyone got a shot at these little buggers to actually identify them?

twon8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm, i'm not sure thats the case in my tank. my zoa tank, which is a 20g-long...has a mandarin AND a six-line wrasse. i dont see any pods unless i lift rocks up etc.

but here's a thought, say my problem is POD related, as well as everyone elses problem. are these normal pods? or some sort of other POD that likes to eat corals, and not tastey to our mandarins and wrasses?

has anyone got a shot at these little buggers to actually identify them?

you could use interceptor, it will wipe out any pods

Nutramar Foods

Pazazz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Mandrin,whipfin flasher, carpenters flasher, lubbocks fairy pair a CCB and 2 clowns. and still have pods out the yang/yang

I would suggest adding a mystery wrasse and try feeding your tank a little less... After I recieved my mystery wrasse my pod population has almost been wiped out.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back