Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had my Royal Gramma in my 32 gallon biocube for about a year now and it has been great. For the first few weeks after I added it it spend most of the time hiding in my rocks only coming out to eat which I know is normal because they like to hang in caves in the rock work. After the first few weeks I rarely would ever see it hiding, it was always right out in the front of the tank which was great to see. I am worried because I have not seen it for about 2 days now not even during feeding. I noticed about a week ago he began hiding in a hole for most of the day but I saw it poke its head out periodically. The last 2 days on the other hand I have not seen it at all and am beginning to worry it is stuck in the rock work or something, anyone have any ideas.?

Avast
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
S

samrggzy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has disappeared for a few days and I found it in the filter.
Even in the tank they can disappear for a bit.
Have you noticed any aggression towards it or potential disease? Just trying to rule anything possible out.
No nothing at all the only thing is last week I added a hammer coral to the tank but I cant imagine that having anything to do with it.

adsf430

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you done a water change recently? I have one and it lives in my monti cap that’s grown onto the back wall of my tank, I accidentally lowered the water under his hiding spot once while he was in there and couldn’t get out. I was lucky and he was fine but just spitballing ideas if maybe something similar happened.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back