Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a royal gramma and pin tail fairy wrasse to my tank. When I added it there were two clowns and a foxface in there already, added them with neither of the other fish caring. My royal gramma decided to claim its rock space right below the clownfish and is now going after them. Anything I can do to stop it? It goes right into their mushroom and opens its mouth wide, the clowns don’t do anything just swim really crazy into their mushroom. I know that the clowns will beat the gramma in a fight.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I have a royal gramma and a pair of clownfish, but they generally ignore each other (even when swimming together). Are you able to create more rock space for the gramma?
4ft long, there’s lots of rock space for the gramma and this never happened with my other tanks, which has both in it, the gramma just picked the worst spot

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4ft long, there’s lots of rock space for the gramma and this never happened with my other tanks, which has both in it, the gramma just picked the worst spot
Mine picked a powerhead as his lair (not sure if that's a good or bad thing). Maybe give it a few days and see of they settle into any kind of living arrangement.

vaguelyreeflike

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way you can move “his” rock away from the clowns? He may keep the territory but move over with the clowns

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine picked a powerhead as his lair (not sure if that's a good or bad thing). Maybe give it a few days and see of they settle into any kind of living arrangement.
It’s only been 2 days that the gramma has been in there. I would think it will learn to stay away from the clowns

Top Shelf Aquatics

vaguelyreeflike

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem now is trying to catch it
Scare him into the rock, pull the rock out of water over a net or the box, and wait for him to drop out. Ensure he has a clear shot out of the rock. Or place a clear fish bag in the water and throw food into it and hope he goes in, pulling it up once he does.

Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back