Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, around a year ago I bought a royal dottyback from a lfs but about a month after having it i found out it was actually the more agressive dottyback. My cleaner shrimp died around the time of me getting it but i thought it just died since i had it for a year or so before so i thought it might have just gotten sick. Anyways I got another shrimp a month ago after not having one for a while and it died within a week of me getting it and its body was nowhere to be seen.( I only have a flametail blenny and an ocellaris clown pair that have both been in the tank longer than the dottyback) and recently ive been wanting to get more stock for my tank like a firefish but im scared that the dottyback will just kill it. Ive seen it shown aggressiveness to the clownfish but no major fights and the blenny has his own turbo snail shell so he just chills there all day. What should i do should i take it out of the tank and see if my lfs will take it or just deal with it? I just want to cause the least amount of stress for my guys. Thanks

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AS
OP
OP
G

gavinc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
note that this is what i would do. have you seen the dottyback pick on the other fish?
i havent really seen it pick on the blenny but today i saw my male clownfish kind of shielding the female from the dottyback and the dottyback nipped at my clownfish and chased him back to the dottybacks cave

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeflix

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah if it got that far i wouldve taken him out a while ago
oh ok. if you want a firefish the dottyback will really go for it seeing as firefish are timid and it is a new addition to the tank. if the dottyback get meaner, then i would take it out. if it just a little bit then it is fine for now. i it likely that it will get more aggressive, so just moniter it for now, and see what happens

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
G

gavinc123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok. if you want a firefish the dottyback will really go for it seeing as firefish are timid and it is a new addition to the tank. if the dottyback get meaner, then i would take it out. if it just a little bit then it is fine for now. i it likely that it will get more aggressive, so just moniter it for now, and see what happens
i will probably just not take the risk and see if i can get someone locally to take him. thank you for the input!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back