Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 anemones and they all have had their month blown up or something for about a month now? They seem to be fine but weird looking. I've had the tank for 3 and a half years and got them over a year ago no issue with them before. Please let me know if you have had any issue like this or if I can do anything to help them?
Parameters:
Salt 1.025
Ph 8.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 5
Temp 77
Orp 300
Phosphates 0

20230328_202553.jpg 20230328_202535.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

MinnieMouse2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate 0 is a bad thing, corals, anemones, and other life in that tank need nitrates. They also need a little phos for their algae inside them. You should be giving your anemones little pieces of shrimp. With zero phos and nitrates your looking to get dino. I would run some good carbon like Marineland carbon just in case something has gotten into the tank. In order to create extra nitrates you have to dose or feed a lot more. Same with phos. You need to be testing for these.

BRS
OP
OP
N

Nicksal

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate 0 is a bad thing, corals, anemones, and other life in that tank need nitrates. They also need a little phos for their algae inside them. You should be giving your anemones little pieces of shrimp. With zero phos and nitrates your looking to get dino. I would run some good carbon like Marineland carbon just in case something has gotten into the tank. In order to create extra nitrates you have to dose or feed a lot more. Same with phos. You need to be testing for these.
I do feed them shrimp once in a while but I will definitely look into feeding the tank more to raise nitrates and phos. Thanks for your input.

BRS
Avast
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one clown in the tank and he is not hosting any of them
Typical clowns yeah I’d start with putting in a strainer or box see if it chills out try feeding But not too much don’t want to stress bta maybe start feeding once a week with a baster

OP
OP
N

Nicksal

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typical clowns yeah I’d start with putting in a strainer or box see if it chills out try feeding But not too much don’t want to stress bta maybe start feeding once a week with a baster
Lol. I will definitely try and move and feed them tomorrow. Thanks for the advice hopefully it will help them.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back