Roller Filter Product Testers Wanted

Which brand/ size roller filter(s) are you using today?

• RedSea Reef Mat Nano

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! Poly Fleece based filter mats and socks leach/ release microplastics and fibers into our reef systems along with the various carbon chains from the polymer breakdown.

We are launching a new patent-pending compostable product to remove plastics from the filtration equation in reef tanks and would love to get in-situ feedback from ardent users of roller mat filters for the initial product prototype. (Bonus; less landfill or at least compostable vs. hundreds of years of pollution back into the environment and our water.)

To be considered, please indicate the type of roller filter you are using today and your contact information. We will send-out another survey and an invitation to a reporting/ monitoring tracker to collect the feedback from participants. This is a two to four week study/ collection of feedback on use and effects. (We have tested a prototype in a 1000 L fully stocked reef system with excellent results.)

OP
OP
teaktoc

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Reef Factory Medium sized roller system the roll is 8" wide on a 1 & 1/8" core.
Thanks, TL1! I am adding you to the list. Once we have some more consensus I shall share a link to gather detail.

Best regards,

Will

rc1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! Poly Fleece based filter mats and socks leach/ release microplastics and fibers into our reef systems along with the various carbon chains from the polymer breakdown.

We are launching a new patent-pending compostable product to remove plastics from the filtration equation in reef tanks and would love to get in-situ feedback from ardent users of roller mat filters for the initial product prototype. (Bonus; less landfill or at least compostable vs. hundreds of years of pollution back into the environment and our water.)

To be considered, please indicate the type of roller filter you are using today and your contact information. We will send-out another survey and an invitation to a reporting/ monitoring tracker to collect the feedback from participants. This is a two to four week study/ collection of feedback on use and effects. (We have tested a prototype in a 1000 L fully stocked reef system with excellent results.)
Running a Red Sea 1200 roller mat on a 210 gallon plus 48 sump. Would like to test. Don’t know how to send pm here.

OP
OP
teaktoc

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! This is great. We are nearing a prototype in the coming week or so. May I have your email? I shall be seeing a survey about your system and then we will share invites to update an online form with findings and any daily/ weekly test parameters.

Best regards,

Will

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am currently using a Hmahli fleece roller. My tank is 60 gallon cube with a hmahli sump. I I recently found out that the fleece rolls for my filter have been discontinued. I had to buy another one and rewound it to the old core. I checked parameters every other day using the Neptune trident. Would like to test.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a Fiji cube ARF for a few months now. Roll is 6 inches wide and 82Ft long.
It's the only roller fleece that fits into the filter sock space of the Innovative Marine RFS-39 sumps. Wish the roll is wider ie 8 to 10 inches

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back