Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
used RODI unit for second time ever today and my DI resin canister already looks super brown/rust colored. Tds in to di is 5 and tds out is still zero. Is this an issu

I have a BRS 6 stage 150gpd. I’ve used it once. Flushed water for an hour before first use and for a few minutes after. This was 3 weeks ago.

1679BF03-7304-461B-B02C-23DF323A3C34.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure but that looks like it is half empty of water.

FYI, The membrane and the resin should remain full of water at all times.
Water is running through the whole canister. It does look like that in the pic. So this abnormal tho?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Rp8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is caused by air in the system. When you set up the RODI it needs to be empty. Then when filling the water will push the air out. If water is in the system when started it will look like this. Easy fix, dump all water out and refill.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Rp8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is running through the whole canister. It does look like that in the pic. So this abnormal tho?
This is caused by air in the system. When you set up the RODI it needs to be empty. Then when filling the water will push the air out. If water is in the system when started it will look like this. Easy fix, dump all water out and refill.

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean dump all the water out? Like unscrew the containers? I used the flush valve for 5 minutes before filling my container is that what you mean?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were they empty when you started it? Sometimes air gets trapped in line like that. When it does, I empty it out and refill it.
When I used it a month ago it was brand new so yea it was empty. All I did when I was done filling the container is turn the flush valve on and let water run through for a few minutes then shut off the faucet. Is there something else I should have done? Not sure how I would empty it.

Rp8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open the canister. Dump it. Make sure when they are closed well. Refill. If it still doesn’t fill all the way up air is somehow getting it. Check to make sure all the tubes are pushed in all the way. Shouldn’t be air in the tubes when making water either. That’s a sign of air getting in also

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back