+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have a quick question about an rodi resin canister. I bought the system secondhand and this is the first time I am replacing the resin. I see canisters similar to mine online that are single use, but I have a baggie of new resin that I bought with the system. Will I be able to get this open and refill?

Thanks to anyone who views this and anyone who might have an answer.

Katrina

7CA3E927-921D-4898-B4E8-259477BC1E79.jpeg 13F54E9A-7FA8-4DFA-AEDF-AF6DCAE1345B.jpeg

BRS

John Robbins

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to unscrew it where you are holding it in the pic.
Empty it out and refill completely to the top then replace the cap. Be sure to really pack the resin in the cartridge so the water will flow through it evenly.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, if that resin was just stored in a ziplock bag, it's more then likely shot. DI resin is supposed to be kept unexposed to air and light until use.

Also I beleive thats an aquaticlife fixture? If so I don't believe those canisters can be opened and refilled.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated, it looks like that is a screw top and can be opened. Since you got a bag of resin with the unit I would assume that means it can be changed out. Have you tested the tds of the water after the DI? If that is color changing resin it looks like it is still good but doesn't look like it was packed into the cartridge very well. I personally would take the top off and repack it and hook it back up and check the tds. Also, from my personal experience your di media is probably ok. I kept mine in a ziplock bag for several years to the point it dried out. I still used it and it worked as it should.

OP
OP
K

Katrina Moore

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the input!

I really don't think this screw top is coming off. I'll try one more time with some rubber gloves on or something. I feel it moving just slightly like it is loose, not stuck, but just locked somehow.

I will for now run it as is and check the tds, and keep checking when I (if I) repack with the resin in the bag.

How often do y'all change or clean the rubber membrane section? I got that open and it doesn't look terrible but I figure it might be due for a cleaning.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back