Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Haddoni to me. I had young Haddoni living in the rock until they get larger.
it seem like this one is getting to the point where he should stay in the sand.
the carpet in the video, is the same as in the still photo?
I am traveling and not really read through this thread fully.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at the tread a little closer. I think the OP Haddoni is just unhappy

@Bob Loblaw carpet could be a hybrid.

@KeepAFish
Good luck with your anemone. I would do water changes and get your water optimized.

OP
OP
KeepAFish

KeepAFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like a Haddoni to me. I had young Haddoni living in the rock until they get larger.
it seem like this one is getting to the point where he should stay in the sand.
the carpet in the video, is the same as in the still photo?
I am traveling and not really read through this thread fully.

The carpet in the video is not mine. It was shared by another member.

Corals.com
OP
OP
KeepAFish

KeepAFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning, I found him hanging precariously from the rock work.

I set him in the sand and after a couple hours helped find a rock that he could attach to and placed some sand around him for security.

He seems happier, but still not fully attached. I think he may take him a while to settle down.

Here is a picture of him now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 14

DaJMasta

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just let it move. I had one years ago with a nice deep sand bed for it to sit in under the light and it decided to wander off into a corner near the overflow and just live there, attached to the glass, instead. It did just fine, and probably doubled in size while I had it. The only real trouble I had with it was the clowns that hosted in it - they started stealing from it for a while and I eventually had to feed them specifically and then feed the anemone.

OP
OP
KeepAFish

KeepAFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at the tread a little closer. I think the OP Haddoni is just unhappy

@Bob Loblaw carpet could be a hybrid.

@KeepAFish
Good luck with your anemone. I would do water changes and get your water optimized.

Thank you! How do I learn more about Haddoni’s? I am looking for a good source of info. Any suggestions?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a single place with all the information about anemone species. Most of the information you just going to come up with reading about the species at various source on the internet.
What I do is to read and see where they are in the wild. From where they are found in the wild, I can deduce what kind of environment they need. Read as much as you can about how other people keep their animals. These information will have a lot of contradictions. With reading you will come up with a sense of who are the more reliable and who among us are not as reliable on the information they give.

In short. You just have to know enough to judge on which advices to follow.

Your anemone does not seem to be sick in term of infection. It seem that your tank is too now and it is not stable enough for anemone.
Haddoni need lowish current and bright light. It need stable good water with relatively low in nutrients and a sand bed of about 2 + inches.
I would do water changes but you got to mix the water at least 24 hrs in advances. Make sure the salinity is match and temperature reasonably the same. More likely than not your anemone is not happy with the water chemistry. Test your water, and do water change 25-50 % every few days.
Hopefully this will turn it around and you able to save a very beautiful Green Haddoni. You will not find a better green color anemone than your anemone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KeepAFish

KeepAFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not a single place with all the information about anemone species. Most of the information you just going to come up with reading about the species at various source on the internet.
What I do is to read and see where they are in the wild. From where they are found in the wild, I can deduce what kind of environment they need. Read as much as you can about how other people keep their animals. These information will have a lot of contradictions. With reading you will come up with a sense of who are the more reliable and who among us are not as reliable on the information they give.

In short. You just have to know enough to judge on which advices to follow.

Your anemone does not seem to be sick in term of infection. It seem that your tank is too now and it is not stable enough for anemone.
Haddoni need lowish current and bright light. It need stable good water with relatively low in nutrients and a sand bed of about 2 + inches.
I would do water changes but you got to mix the water at least 24 hrs in advances. Make sure the salinity is match and temperature reasonably the same. More likely than not your anemone is not happy with the water chemistry. Test your water, and do water change 25-50 % every few days.
Hopefully this will turn it around and you able to save a very beautiful Green Haddoni. You will not find a better green color anemone than your anemone.

Thank you. I am making new water now.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back