Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I have been lurking for the past year, reading build posts, picking up valuable info from all of you and I began believing I could do this.
I’ve had planted high tech fresh water tanks for some time now and am finally ready to see how life is on the salty side.

My wife is very supportive of me, though it took some cajoling and negotiation to get approval to put a beast of a tank inside the house and not out in the garage with my others. I pulled the trigger and ordered a 250 gallon custom tank from Glass Cages, thanks Joe! I’m having a custom stand and canopy built by Chris Benner and a sump from Luna Reef. I’ve ordered a skimmer, lighting, return pump and power heads. Now I just have to be patient! I am out of my mind right now with excitement and am looking forward to documenting the process, mistakes, victories, successes, challenges and failures as I’m sure there will be many! Stay tuned…

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

robertjules1981

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some of the hard goods. I’ll come down and stand in front of this shelf sometimes… lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 56

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I have been lurking for the past year, reading build posts, picking up valuable info from all of you and I began believing I could do this.
I’ve had planted high tech fresh water tanks for some time now and am finally ready to see how life is on the salty side.

My wife is very supportive of me, though it took some cajoling and negotiation to get approval to put a beast of a tank inside the house and not out in the garage with my others. I pulled the trigger and ordered a 250 gallon custom tank from Glass Cages, thanks Joe! I’m having a custom stand and canopy built by Chris Benner and a sump from Luna Reef. I’ve ordered a skimmer, lighting, return pump and power heads. Now I just have to be patient! I am out of my mind right now with excitement and am looking forward to documenting the process, mistakes, victories, successes, challenges and failures as I’m sure there will be many! Stay tuned…
Most Awesome @robertjules1981

Thanks so much for allowing the Glasscages Team to be a part of your journey. Honored!

OP
OP
R

robertjules1981

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying so hard to be patient and not call Joe at Glass Cages everyday! Waiting for sump to go into production. I’m thinking of doing a Triton method mainly to simplify sump and have more open space down there to either do a refugium or modify with foam baffles as I add equipment. Literally all I can think about lately!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

robertjules1981

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So life got busy, work, kids, wife and what not and I was pleasantly surprised to find out my tank has shipped, dump is in production soon to be shipped and the stand is being stained and prepped for shipping! Big shout out to Joe GlassCages, Chris Benner and Luna Sumps
More updates to come! Working on plumbing diagram and saltwater/RO mixing station.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So life got busy, work, kids, wife and what not and I was pleasantly surprised to find out my tank has shipped, dump is in production soon to be shipped and the stand is being stained and prepped for shipping! Big shout out to Joe GlassCages, Chris Benner and Luna Sumps
More updates to come! Working on plumbing diagram and saltwater/RO mixing station.
this is so exciting @robertjules1981

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
R

robertjules1981

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t decide how to plumb the UV… looking at a closed loop in and out of DT but scared to drill this beauty That or return-UV-DT and run a second pump for manifold to sump. No plans yet on reactors.

Attachments

• 85B2B41E-B24E-4B56-9E83-18F70A7701FF.jpeg
    85B2B41E-B24E-4B56-9E83-18F70A7701FF.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 14

bobbravo2

Bob from Boston
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t decide how to plumb the UV… looking at a closed loop in and out of DT but scared to drill this beauty That or return-UV-DT and run a second pump for manifold to sump. No plans yet on reactors.
For this big of an investment: I’m planning on dual return pumps for redundancy. Drilling sounds like a smart bet.

Just go slow, use lots of water, and go slow

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back