RO/DI Waste Keeps Dripping After Shut-off

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed today that after my RO/DI shuts off or pressure is reached at the float valve, the waste line has a constant water drip coming out. Is this normal?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm assuming you mean it's dripping from the hose end and not a fitting, correct?

All valves come from the manufacturer with an allowable leak rate. Usually it's nothing and we never see a leak. However, if it's a constant drip it could be a scratched gasket, o-ring, or diaphragm or it could be a piece of debris stuck in the solenoid valve.

Also, if the pressure on the line is higher than what the RODI is rated for, it could just be pushing past the valve from that.

In other words, there are several things that could potentially cause this to happen.

I know your system is brand new and you're getting it set up. Is the RODI new? You might contact the manufacturer?

OP
OP
Brisk

Brisk

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I got it from BRS. I contacted them and they are sending a new auto flush flow restrictor.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ASOV? If so, the flush valve is not a fix I would look to.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back