Ro/di flushing

Guss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question most probably ,but when I flush my ro/di do I have to open the water also that supplier the rodi or it’s flushed thru the drain pipe ?>.< by the water that supplies ro/di I mean this tap in the pic. Because can’t hear any water flushing when I open the flush valve .

IMG_1177.jpeg

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid question most probably ,but when I flush my ro/di do I have to open the water also that supplier the rodi or it’s flushed thru the drain pipe ?>.< by the water that supplies ro/di I mean this tap in the pic. Because can’t hear any water flushing when I open the flush valve .

IMG_1177.jpeg
Flushing means ; to back flush the membrane. The water dislodges anything caught in it and flushes it away.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flushing means ; to back flush the membrane. The water dislodges anything caught in it and flushes it away.
Flushing the membrane, as KState mentions above, is simply bypassing the flow restrictor on the "waste water" tube. There is no reversal of the flow direction. In fact, if you ever run water into a membrane backwards, you'll ruin the membrane.

Russ

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flushing the membrane, as KState mentions above, is simply bypassing the flow restrictor on the "waste water" tube. There is no reversal of the flow direction. In fact, if you ever run water into a membrane backwards, you'll ruin the membrane.

Russ
Thanks for the clarification, just keeping it simple.

OP
OP
Guss

Guss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe ok so just to be crystal clear I turn on the Tap that the ro/di water come out from(the tap in the pic) while the flush is open .

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RO system has to be running when you flush the system.

If your pressurized storage tank is full, opening the faucet will kick the system on. In this case your faucet can drain the tank much faster than water will be produced during a flush. When you open a flush valve nearly all the pressure delivered to the RO system goes out the concentrate (waste water) tube. You'll see the pressure gauge drop to nearly 0 psi during a flush. With near 0 psi the membrane will produce little if any purified water during a flush.

If your pressurized storage tank is not full, the system will try to fill it by running, regardless of whether the faucet is opened or closed.

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back