Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all, obviously I'm new in this hobby. I have seen osmosis systems and there are plenty of them, since I'm on a budget, units with 4 or more stages are outside my possibilities. Thus, my option is just a system with 3 stages ( unfortunately ) . Does a 3 stages will do the job? I think is better than just tap water no? Thanks in advance

SDK

Reef Diver
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your budget? Maybe we can help with some options you have not thought of....

Ideally, do what you can to get 4 stages, as stage 4 is usually the DI filter. You can find units that are not that expensive, and/or score a used one hopefully

Johnd651

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all, obviously I'm new in this hobby. I have seen osmosis systems and there are plenty of them, since I'm on a budget, units with 4 or more stages are outside my possibilities. Thus, my option is just a system with 3 stages ( unfortunately ) . Does a 3 stages will do the job? I think is better than just tap water no? Thanks in advance
What type of water source are you on? The 3 units are not bad, but there are lots of upgrades and extras... but it all depends on your water. I was in a similar boat as you, and ended up buying a used 5 stage deluxe with pump for the price of a 3 stage, all it needed was new filters. I think the one thing that you should have, that most value units dont, is some sort of TDS meter. As long as you can tell you have 0 tds at the end, thats whats important.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back