OP
OP
L

Lori_inFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I too have just started back after a 30 year hiatus. I however went small with the Hello Reef Clownfish/Anemone 15g AIO tank. You’re so right about all the new technology and methods. In the past I used a homemade sump, homemade skimmer and live rock and live sand. Cycle? Never did it…lol. I’ll be stocking my tank after this cycle is done!
Our homemade skimmer worked well. Fish only cycle - 3 damsels OJ (a three stripe ala prison gear) and 2 blues - Marsha and Cochran.

phillyb614

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_1726.jpeg

acroholicanonymous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Aside from Betta's in a 10g tank, I have been out of the hobby for a loooong time. Had a 90g FO and a 29f Reef back in the 80s and 90s. Boy, have things changed. Crazy amounts of new tech out there.

So, I am feeling too old/out of shape to go scuba diving, I am going to put up a 100 +/- g tank in my living room. Hoping to find a nice WB or similar used but since I prefer a peninsula, I may be looking a long time. Might have to break down and go new.

Read somewhere you shouldn't start expensive hobbies in retirement, but you only live once!

Hoping to start a build thread on my new FOWLR on it's way to reef tank soon.
Don’t worry, you can always be a Walmart greeter to pay for your new obsession :)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back