Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my reefmat 500 for about 6 months now, I love it but yesterday an issue came up that I have yet to be able to solve it even find another case of this occurring. I have reached out to Red Sea but still waiting to hear back from them( I emailed them yesterday morning)

It started with a jam notification, i went to investigate and there was no jam that I could see but the water was overflowing out the top. I tried to manually advance it but it wouldn’t move. I “cleared” the jam through the app and tried to manual advance on the drive motor again, nothing. I tried to manual advance via the app, nothing. I hand advance the roll after unlocking it from the sides then place it back, a few hours later same issue. I unplugged the unit then plugged it back, nothing. I’m worried that maybe the motor burnt out but it was working fine for a week. The week before that though the media bag they provided had clogged(I promise I have cleaned the bag itself everytime I change the media) which caused the reefmat to advance about 7-10 feet of fleece unnecessarily, maybe it wore out the motor from the constant operation?

anyone have a similar situation or can suggest a possible fix?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Shadowfire

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem today with my reefmat 500, has been working great since June of last year, but just stopped working and is showing jammed, but there is no jam... When I clear the jam in the app and try to advance it manually, I get an "action failed" error message. Did you find a solution?

OP
OP
K

kbnh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem today with my reefmat 500, has been working great since June of last year, but just stopped working and is showing jammed, but there is no jam... When I clear the jam in the app and try to advance it manually, I get an "action failed" error message. Did you find a solution?
Contact Red Sea and they will send a new drive unit out, seems to be a common problem, I had mine running for about 6 months, it works great again with the new unit

Shadowfire

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact Red Sea and they will send a new drive unit out, seems to be a common problem, I had mine running for about 6 months, it works great again with the new unit
Yes, I contacted them today and they responded quickly and are sending a replacement motor. Great customer service, but a little disappointed that the product failed so quickly. Thanks for the response.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
K

kbnh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I contacted them today and they responded quickly and are sending a replacement motor. Great customer service, but a little disappointed that the product failed so quickly. Thanks for the response.
Out of curiosity did you run into an instance where the filter media bag they provide got clogged in the media chamber?

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back