Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have searched everywhere and can’t find any info on it. Looking at the sump modifications one Red Sea there are two options you can take. One is to modify the baffles and cutting the drain pipe. The other is moving the reef over to the fuge area and you don’t have to modify the baffles you only have to cut the main drain and the emergency. My confusion is the emergency drain. Where does that flow into? The instructions are not very clear. I obviously want to do option to with the lease amount of modifications. I’m also assuming it only comes with the main drain hose. What other piping would I need for the emergency

BBFD5B6F-BFDD-4ECD-85EB-5685DAFFE378.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

TheBear78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the emergency drain pipe remains unmodified and just flows into the original drain chamber. It doesn't need to be connected to the Reefmat in any way as it is not normally used.
However, as you have said, the diagram does appear to show that both the overflow and emergency pipe require shortening. If you compare the plan view of the sump for option 1 and option 2 you can see additional pipework which appears to alter where the emergency pipe discharges. This would suggest that additional pipework is required but clearly more settled instructions would help.
I don't understand how there would be a dry area that needs bypassing but that appears to be their reasoning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya now you're seeing my confusion right? From the diagram for option 2 from what I can tell it shows to pipe the emergency overflow into where the filter sock would be. My question is that what happens if you don't modify it and you have that dry section? My assumption is it would just overflow into where the filter socks go if water ever gets into the emergency overlflow

OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they also recommend to put the emergency into where the filter socks go cause you know how hard sometimes with these red sea tanks to keep the water out of the emergency drain. Like sometimes if I stick my hand in the water will go down the emergency drain. If the emergency drain is in the "dry" section there would be a chance water would end up there , but not be enough to overflow into the where the filter socks would. Does that make sense?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back