Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one has bothered to mention that RS has experienced quite a few seam failures in the recent years and that issue has been impacting their reputation in a negative way. I don’t know if this is true for your part of the globe but how can I welcome you to Reef2Reef without commenting on this possibility?

I generally don’t step into a new space with such a negative comment, and hopefully my statement will not apply to your situation.

Good idea to launch a build thread. Best of luck and welcome to Reef2Reef.

Criss Angel Wow GIF by DefyTV

The welcoming committee is also glad you are here!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Dee Tee 75

Dee Tee 75

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one has bothered to mention that RS has experienced quite a few seam failures in the recent years and that issue has been impacting their reputation in a negative way. I don’t know if this is true for your part of the globe but how can I welcome you to Reef2Reef without commenting on this possibility?

I generally don’t step into a new space with such a negative comment, and hopefully my statement will not apply to your situation.

Good idea to launch a build thread. Best of luck and welcome to Reef2Reef.

Criss Angel Wow GIF by DefyTV

The welcoming committee is also glad you are here!
Best signature block ever!

I did consider the RS failures very seriously which is why I waited to get the G2 tank. No data yet because they are new tanks but Red Sea obviously acknowledged the failures and strenghtened the seams accordingly.

I love the tank (apart from the downflow valve - still) and have no regrets buying it over the other brands out there.

Interestingly, I was steered away from the RS lights by a number of people and went with the Reef Factory ones. If I had my time over, I would select the RS lights as Reef Factory have really skimped on their mounting hardware.

I love their Reef Bar though!

Cheers

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back