Reefing break is over: Waterbox 50.3 AIO

Rollnwthdatide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Got busy with life and moving so I haven't had a tank in almost 6yrs. Saw that Biota had captive bred Golden Cuban Basslets so I decided to get a WB 50.3 AIO with the Aspen stand. I dusted off some of the old gear (lights, pumps, etc) and started throwing this tank together. Hoping to get water in it today to start the cycle.

I will also be getting some of my old corals and my old clam that my I gave my buddy when I got out 6yrs ago. He's needing a break himself and wanting to do some home remodeling so it works out. Fish will be limited with likely the Golden Cuban Basslet (if available) and others to be decided.

1000004707.jpg
1000004706.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rollnwthdatide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the cycle started. First time in a long time that I'm not having to rush the tank and add livestock immediately. Before, I was either moving or upgrading tanks so all livestock went in immediate.

Think I'm going to do a mp10 and mp40 combo first and see how that goes. But unfortunate, both of my mp40 wetside assemblies were busted and will need to be replaced. MP10 is fine though. Using my Radion gen3 pro for lighting. Still gotta figure out my skimmer, but there's plenty of time before I'll really need it.

Livestock will be an extremely thought out and meticulous process as I can't really QT like I normally do. I do plan on buying as many aquacultured species of fish as possible. Might do one round of blue leg hermits during the initial "ugly" phase. But CUC will mostly be snails. Clam likely won't be gotten until Thanksgiving as it's a 5hr drive to my buddies house and my mom still lives in there (2 birds with 1 stone kinda deal) .

I'm pretty stoked. It's not a 150gal + that I'm used to but the tank and stand look pretty nice. This will also be much easier to move when we buy a house next year. Honestly, just glad to have a tank. Been in the aquarium hobby for over 30yrs now (split between planted fw tanks and sps dominant reef tanks) and it was kinda depressing not having any fish.

1000004711.jpg
1000004712.jpg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back