Reefer 250 Equipment Selection Help

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, looking at starting a new tank and want some feedback on equipment. I plan to be fish only for the first 6-7 months due to budget constraints. Looking at purchasing once, rather than constant cycle of upgrading.

Tank: Red Sea Reefer 250.
Filtration: Red Sea Roller Mat 250.
Heaters: 2 Eheim 300 W heaters, hooked to Inkbird.
Skimmer: Red Sea DC 300 or Deltex (600i).
Return Pump: Red Sea Reefrun.
Wavemaker: Jebao Wavemakers.
Lights : 2 XR 15 in 6-8 months time.

I am sure only about the tank and reefmat and everything else I am open to suggestions. Does DC even matter on the skimmer and Return ? I was told a bubble magus Skimmer and Jebao return pump will suffice. My main aim with equipment is reliability, I am away for work quite often and wife looks after the tank. Don’t want equipment that breaks down while I’m away constantly or ones that need constant intervention to keep them connected opand working properly.

I am open to saving and buying better things at once than upgrading later on. Would it be ok to add a skimmer 3-4 months down the line, rather than day 1.

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble Magus and Jebao are both good low end products

I've used lots of that stuff over the years. Never had one die on me

Pretty sure the Red Sea Skimmer is made with formed plastic. Not acrylic like the Deltec

OP
OP
Dr.Abag

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble Magus and Jebao are both good low end products

I've used lots of that stuff over the years. Never had one die on me

Pretty sure the Red Sea Skimmer is made with formed plastic. Not acrylic like the Deltec
Thank you, would you say that Deltec are better than Red Sea ? Also is DC skimmer really a good to have upgrade ?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back