+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://reefbuilders.com/

I was surprised when clicking on an article within reefbuilders to be asked for a subscription?

While I normally enjoy looking at this site for the latest reviews of equipment and some great stories - there's no way I'm subscribing to it.

reefbuilders_sub.jpg

Avast

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works as normal for me. Given the videos are hosted on youtube, I don't imagine the upkeep for the site is that expensive but I could be wrong. I would be sad since I've been reading reefbuilders for many many years.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
U

User1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Didn't happen to me last time I was there last week nor today after seeing this. Doesn't mean there isn't some form of trigger though and I just haven't reached it yet. If sites do this shields go instantly to 10 and I move on. I do not have time for it nor care to support such endeavors.

Boy do I miss the days of past with telephones and Usenet...

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Elder1945

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not getting anything like that but if that’s the case they found a rather ingenious way to torpedo their own site. Count me out.

I think it is targeted to people who run a add blocker. Jake and Reef Builders needs to keep the doors open.

U

User1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
I think it is targeted to people who run a add blocker. Jake and Reef Builders needs to keep the doors open.

People need to get over the use of add blockers or other means to make their viewing experience or content more enjoyable. If they are offering content that people are interested in or want then there are plenty of other ways to do this if this is truly the case.

World Wide Corals
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back