Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed my new skimmer yesterday and was running it and it was very quiet. Realized it wasnt at the right sump water height so today i set it on a stand to correct height and now its noisy as hell. Ive read that it needs the breaking period but will it really get quieter?
Thought it my have been vibration from being on the stand but i lifted it upa little while running and still same noises.
Hoping this gets better...

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several Reef Octopus skimmers and while they are not silent they usually aren't super noisy. Which type of Reef Octopus skimmer is it (e.g. classic, regal, etc.)? What is the noise (vibration, air, bubbles, water, pump, etc.)?

OP
OP
K

Kustom71

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 150-S so space saver that was super quiet when I was running it in 10.5 inches of water. I made a stand that put it were it supposed to be about 9 Inches of water and now it's loud. While on the stand I picked it up off it and it was still noisy. So it's not vibration it's from bubbles I guess. Held my finger over the vent in topof tube and it didn't get quieter. Just not sure if it's gonna be like this forever or will calm down after break in?
90 Gallon tank its in a trigger ruby 26 sump
I know I have to run it max speed for probably 2 weeks
Just asking questions

World Wide Corals

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it’s air — for the 150-S, you may consider checking the connections for the white hose (including the connections within red pipe). For the 150 INT, check the airline connections including at the Venturi and check the silencer (cover and uncover holes). Also check for pump noise, vibration, etc.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back