+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I recently replaced my simplicity 3200 DC return pump with a reefrun 9000 - Mainly so I could gain the ability to use the new dual controller and have my return and skimmer pumps both on the Red Sea app, maybe even adapt the RS skimmer sensor to my ultra reef Akula skimmer. I was under the impression that the RS pump is just a rebranded Sicce 9.0 SDC with a few minor changes. That pump has a good reputation.

All that to say - No that it's installed (properly, just like my simplicity) it make a VERY loud hum. Audible from probably 20'. Surely there must be something wrong with mine? Anyone else have the same issue?

Red Sea have been almost no help. Send a video, verified the usual dumb questions, every email takes at least a day to get a reply. I think ultimately they'll just say the problem is in my head. Not happy.

Nutramar Foods

trmiv

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sicce SDC pumps are one of the louder DC pumps in my experience. My SDC 6.0 has a very noticeable hum, especially compared to the Jebao dc pump I was using before. You can help it some by using silicone tubing and putting a silicone mat under it, but it’s not going to be as quiet as the Simplicity was.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

RaymondsWorlddd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the same exact boat as you. It took several emails of me asking for a phone call because the one email a day was not helping at all.
I sent multiple videos. They sent me a replacement impeller assembly which made no difference. They are in the process of sending me a 7000 to see if that one is quieter. Their response is that the 9000 is such a strong pump that it could be that it is too strong for my system (even though I only had it running at 50%).
Prior to this, I had a Varios-8 which is rated at 2700gph compared to the 9000 2500gph and the Varios was SILENT. Now, I can hear my 9000 from the next room over.
I am pretty disappointed in the noise level. I took out my reef octopus skimmer and Varios to switch to Red Sea and I’m regretting it. I’m going to give the 7000 a try and if that doesn’t work, I’m going back to reef octopus.
Extremely disappointed.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaCave Logo Banner
Back