Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefDudes made a video about HK Keeper from Reef Factory.

A very interesting device for measuring, and in combination with their pumps also for adjusting the KH level in the tank. Must have in a tank with SPS corals!

I saw that a few posts about it have already appeared here. Does this mean that this device can be seen and purchased in the US. Is there somewhere where you can see live how it works?
Since it works around the world it will probably catch on in the states too. Has anyone tested it at home yet?

Top Shelf Aquatics

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Factory is right now on tour in the US meeting with future partners and stores. Products are already available, but soon we will be also visible in local fish stores around the country. I can't wait to see more satisfied KH Keeper Plus users here :)

vteks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A very interesting device for measuring, and in combination with their pumps also for adjusting the KH level in the tank. Must have in a tank with SPS corals!

I saw that a few posts about it have already appeared here. Does this mean that this device can be seen and purchased in the US. Is there somewhere where you can see live how it works?
Since it works around the world it will probably catch on in the states too. Has anyone tested it at home yet?
Hi. As far as I'm aware it is now available in the US.
I've read quite a few reviews and seen at that Australian chap yt channel. Quite impressive. Providing the readings are stable, and I've heard they are, you can autamate dosing based on it.
I am novice to the hobby and for me it is important not to have to buy entire system and choose what I need or can afford at the moment. it is cloud based so one cumbersome object less in my cabinet
I am defo going 4 it when I am ready.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. As far as I'm aware it is now available in the US.
I've read quite a few reviews and seen at that Australian chap yt channel. Quite impressive. Providing the readings are stable, and I've heard they are, you can autamate dosing based on it.
I am novice to the hobby and for me it is important not to have to buy entire system and choose what I need or can afford at the moment. it is cloud based so one cumbersome object less in my cabinet
I am defo going 4 it when I am ready.
You can buy products at www.reeffactoryusa.com for now and soon you will see us in stores too.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked and kh keeper plus has 3 dosing heads but only tests and corrects kh? What are the other heads for? Or is it a generic pic?
No it’s a real pic. Upper hear is for the waste water, middle one is for the water from the tank and the bottom one is for the reagent. To make the correction Dosing you need to connect kh keeper with the Dosing pump and set the actions through the app

Top Shelf Aquatics

juannnn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a European user of kh keeper plus and I do not recommend anyone to buy this device. It will be wasted money. The probe decalibrates quickly and has some faults that if they pass you the technical service they will not give you a solution. Then he claims for the return to Poland, which is where the devices are repaired. My satisfaction is 0

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a European user of kh keeper plus and I do not recommend anyone to buy this device. It will be wasted money. The probe decalibrates quickly and has some faults that if they pass you the technical service they will not give you a solution. Then he claims for the return to Poland, which is where the devices are repaired. My satisfaction is 0
Hello. I am really sorry to read your experience with KH Keeper Plus. Probes in our devices are one of the best available on the market and come from Germany. If you need to recalibrate more often then once a month, then we need to check it.
Did you contact [email protected] ? We never ask customers to send as devices and the only thing we can do about the probe would be to replace it. Our policy on that is to send you the replacement probe. If you were asked to send the device to Poland then it had to be some misunderstanding.
Please contact them again if you already did and ask for replacement. You can mention our discussion here. I you wish I can help you, please write me a PM.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

juannnn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent you the kh keeper because the device's date was wrong, it had gone crazy (you told me to send the device to Poland), since then the aquarium pump only collects 44ml, never 50ml and it is impossible to calibrate the kh keeper plus correctly. I have been having this problem for 5 months and you have not given me a solution to the problem. Just as you want me to be happy with you

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent you the kh keeper because the device's date was wrong, it had gone crazy (you told me to send the device to Poland), since then the aquarium pump only collects 44ml, never 50ml and it is impossible to calibrate the kh keeper plus correctly. I have been having this problem for 5 months and you have not given me a solution to the problem. Just as you want me to be happy with you
Ok, let me handle this for and fix it.

TigerReef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you friends. I can't wait to see it working live :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
@Dawid Najsztub I ordered both the KH Keeper Plus and Doser x4 from reeffactoryusa.com. They should arrive on Tuesday. I'll start a thread with pics and updates. I am a GHL KHD user now, so I am curious for the comparison.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Dawid Najsztub I ordered both the KH Keeper Plus and Doser x4 from reeffactoryusa.com. They should arrive on Tuesday. I'll start a thread with pics and updates. I am a GHL KHD user now, so I am curious for the comparison.
Looking forward to this!

TigerReef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what came today! Unfortunately…

7F63B923-1A83-4EED-B795-A4E124CDFCE1.jpeg

I’m spending the next few days at my in-laws and won’t be able to play with my new fish tank toys. At least there will be pie.

Nutramar Foods

TigerReef

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to order a KH Keeper Plus and the USA site isn’t clear on if the device comes with all necessary components, i.e. the Reagent.

Can anyone clarify what comes in the box with the Plus? Also, will the 3-head doser be in stock anytime soon? @aleksanderalski? Thanks!

Hi - I received mine last week. I’m going to do a thread soon, but here is what’s included for the Doser and KHK:

7A07E5C4-CADA-49A6-9531-0ABC69674A00.jpeg

C4A06A70-64BB-4AC5-B7AF-89AB52BEBDFA.jpeg

There is a small bottle of reagent included (upper left in photo above). Looks like enough to calibrate and run a few initial tests. I ordered additional reagent from the US site.

I got the doser up and running on Sunday. IT WAS SO EASY TO CONNECT TO WIFI!!

Last edited:

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I received mine last week. I’m going to do a thread soon, but here is what’s included for the Doser and KHK:

View attachment 2919486
View attachment 2919488
There is a small bottle of reagent included (upper left in photo above). Looks like enough to calibrate and run a few initial tests. I ordered additional reagent from the US site.

I got the doser up and running on Sunday. IT WAS SO EASY TO CONNECT TO WIFI!!
Let us all now what is your experience after setting up everything :)
The bottle of reagent in a box is 150 ml. You mix it in proportion 1:9 so it’s best to buy KH keeper plus with 1l concentrate bottle of reagent. This one will last for around 6 months of 2 tests per day.

VanJoe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for posting this. New to the hobby and starting to learn about some of these automation options.

Watching the video (7:33 into it) is it not concerning that difference between the machine's test results and from the manual test using the Hanna tester?? The "adjustment" of .86 was recorded and appears to be saved as an "offset" applied to future tests.

One general question - if the test water coming into the device is in a long tube how accurate are the results? Given the small amount of water used in each test could there be days of water already drawn and inside of the tube? Or would it completely flush what is in the tube before each use?

Thanks for any help and response!

World Wide Corals
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back