+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I have purchased pretty much all of Reef Factory products, however I'm having issues with my KH Keeper Pro.

It constantly reading 5 DKH! My tank currently measuring 8 DKH using red sea test kits. My KH keeper has been calibrated several times however I cannot move off this flat line 5DKH. See attached photo.

Ignore my low PH , this tank is currently cycling.

Appreciate if anyone has had tbis issue before and can assist with solution.

Thanks
Screenshot_20221026-182519_SmartReef.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
caller89

caller89

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have yes , according to RF troubleshoot 5DKH is below its measurement minimum range , iv just recalibrated everything again.

I also have a new Hannah hi-97105c coming Friday, only thing I can think of otherthan faulty unit is my red sea test kit is not measuring correctly. Its happened before.

Just running a few test now , if it comes back at 5DKH I'll await my new hannah tester.

I'll keep you all posted , I know a few people have had this issue.

Thanks

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Poochaku

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with reef factory reagents. What is the process? Do you just buy the reagent or do you have to dilute and liquid, add a powder or something.

I ask because similar problems on my alkatronic were from incorrectly mixing the reagent.

If everything is calibrated and the pH is reading correctly, I am pretty confident it's a problem with the reagent. Did you have any correct tests AFTER changing the reagent?

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with reef factory reagents. What is the process? Do you just buy the reagent or do you have to dilute and liquid, add a powder or something.

I ask because similar problems on my alkatronic were from incorrectly mixing the reagent.

If everything is calibrated and the pH is reading correctly, I am pretty confident it's a problem with the reagent. Did you have any correct tests AFTER changing the reagent?
It's true. If you recalibrated everything and probe is giving good results you need to double check your reagent. Reef Factory gives the exact amounts to mix. Please see the table below:
Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-27 o 13.51.04.png

Prepare new reagent and see what's the result. If you will have the same issue describe your issue in email and send to [email protected].

OP
OP
caller89

caller89

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I got to the bottom of the issue , as expected my red sea KH test kut was out of range by some margin.

It turns out my KH was below 5, which is out of range for the KH keeper. I used hannah checker which measured 4.2DKH, however red sea test kit was reading nearly 8DKH. I increased my KH by dosing manually above 5DKH. My KH keeper measured correctly and started giving me readings above 5DKH.

My reagent was fine, this was mixed correctly 1:9 ratio as specified.

This is the second time iv had a red sea kit give me false readings but last time it was nitrates. Got hannah now , so hoping things will be better.

Thanks all for your quick repsonse and assistance, hope this thread helps others.

Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

aleksanderalski

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I got to the bottom of the issue , as expected my red sea KH test kut was out of range by some margin.

It turns out my KH was below 5, which is out of range for the KH keeper. I used hannah checker which measured 4.2DKH, however red sea test kit was reading nearly 8DKH. I increased my KH by dosing manually above 5DKH. My KH keeper measured correctly and started giving me readings above 5DKH.

My reagent was fine, this was mixed correctly 1:9 ratio as specified.

This is the second time iv had a red sea kit give me false readings but last time it was nitrates. Got hannah now , so hoping things will be better.

Thanks all for your quick repsonse and assistance, hope this thread helps others.

Thanks
Reef Factory has just released the Smart Tests if you want to try it out. Here is some more info:

Good thing is that test results from your manual tests will upload automatically to your app, and history of measurments will be available at Hans in the app.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back