Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on purchasing the Reef Casa Studio 12 aquarium kit.. Ive heard TONS of great reviews, however It come with 6lbs of dry aquarium sand and a bottle of bacteria.

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this kit and purchased live sand instead... IF you did that route, did you have to add the bottle of bacteria that is included in the kit or did you just use the live sand only.

please be kind.. i am new to this :):)
Studio-12-All-in-one-Aquarium-kit.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

B’s Nano Reef

Review score
+2 /1 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /1 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is the bacteria necessary if your not using live rock or live sand?
The bottled bacteria is even more important if you’re starting dry vs if you were starting live

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While the bottle of bacteria is not necessary it will only help speed up your cycle. You can't really go wrong with adding additional bacteria.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had never used bottled bacteria before. I did however use fritz turbo start on a recent build and it was an instant cycle as far as removing ammonia and getting nitrates rising. After using it I would probably do so again. It's been less than a month and I already have some mollies and corals in and everything is doing well. So my vote it to use the bottled bac or buy some turbo start if what they include isn't reputable.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the bacteria necessary if your not using live rock or live sand?
Even more so starting dry if you want to speed things up. It really isn't needed at all if your starting with live rock.

Top Shelf Aquatics

eqbal9947

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on purchasing the Reef Casa Studio 12 aquarium kit.. Ive heard TONS of great reviews, however It come with 6lbs of dry aquarium sand and a bottle of bacteria.

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this kit and purchased live sand instead... IF you did that route, did you have to add the bottle of bacteria that is included in the kit or did you just use the live sand only.

please be kind.. i am new to this :):)
View attachment 3062370
I think its a really good starter kit, youll probably outgrow it quickly if you like the hobby.
and if you are using Live sand from carib sea or something similar WITH bottled bacteria, it will prolong your cycle time.
I would stick to the dry rock and sand and use the bottled bacteria.
If you have a friend with an established CLEAN!!! tank, I would ask them to put a piece of media or rock in a place where there is no light and when youre cycling, place it in your tank.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back