Reef Builders announces new ownership

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Builders® is pleased to announce Raj Shingadia as its new owner. Shingadia, who holds a bachelors of science and bachelors of arts from the University of Georgia, is the co-owner of MRC. He brings 20 years-plus of industry experience in aquarium maintenance, fabrication, design and implementation, as well as industrial sales and marketing leadership…
Source

Continue reading...

Reefing102

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While exciting, I hope the “team up with some top names in the industry to really raise the bar in delivering quality content” doesn’t mean a sell out to the highest bidder and stays as impartial as possible

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool. Raj was kind enough to answer my question about the MRC skimmers (I still don’t understand but that’s on me). I think he also answered my question about the CoralBox DC9.

I’m hopeful that they create more infrastructure and streamline shipping. Right now charging $50 for shipping on $400 items that most places offer for free makes them less competitive.

colossal_tater

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polos reef instagram

Thank you! I do have mixed feelings on that for sure. Although it says Jakes wife was involved, so maybe Jake owned most of the corals outright. We don’t know reefbuilders business agreements before Jake passed.

NaClH2O

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, Jake's wife, Windsor, sold some corals to Polo Reef. The studio is still chocked full of Jake's corals. Some were shared with prominent hobbyists and a couple of wholesalers. It's good to have the DNA distributed and protected. Thanks go to Polo Reef for providing support to Jake's pregnant widow.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Biota Marine Life
Back