RedSea Nano Max Peninsula build (26 gallon)

AquaCave

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this for sure!
I restarted my journey of nanos with a Max Nano (Recently upgraded to a 3’ 20g) and would love to see what way you take with it longterm :)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

TheyGaveItToMe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with the Jebao DP dosing pumps. I have one head that isn't consistent. Every time I have tried to calibrate it it will dose anywhere from 90 to 110 ml with the same calibration setting. The other head is dead on after calibration.

So after I figuring out my daily evaporation, I divided the amount by 6 and use the inconsistent head to dose RODI water every 4 hours. It is good enough for that, but would not trust it to dose alkalinity or calcium.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this for sure!
I restarted my journey of nanos with a Max Nano (Recently upgraded to a 3’ 20g) and would love to see what way you take with it longterm :)
Nano tank has a special place in my heart haha. I had a 120 for a year and a half, but decided that big tank wasn't for me at all

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with the Jebao DP dosing pumps. I have one head that isn't consistent. Every time I have tried to calibrate it it will dose anywhere from 90 to 110 ml with the same calibration setting. The other head is dead on after calibration.

So after I figuring out my daily evaporation, I divided the amount by 6 and use the inconsistent head to dose RODI water every 4 hours. It is good enough for that, but would not trust it to dose alkalinity or calcium.
Thanks for the heads up. At the moment I'm still dosing manually. But with that being said, I might just go and invest in an ecotech dosing unit or a redsea dosing unit. Just to be safe

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano tank has a special place in my heart haha. I had a 120 for a year and a half, but decided that big tank wasn't for me at all
Nanos are my favourite things to mess with. There’s just so many fish that you can’t have in larger tanks but can have in smaller tanks.

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back