Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding a variety of fresh seafoods...I'm not surprised the seaweed didn't work out although since they've rarely been kept successfully it is good to try anything and see how it goes. While their natural diet is in fact biofilm, it's untrue that no Fromia genus stars will eat any alternative foods. This is something I know from experience. However, it does depend on the species what foods they will take.
It's great that the spots have reduced! At this point I would focus on finding a food source he will eat and worry about the leg out of the water and possible reasons later.
alright, thank you guys. I've increased my bioload lately via feeding, for other reasons, hopefully this increases the biofilm availability for the star. :)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, thank you guys. I've increased my bioload lately via feeding, for other reasons, hopefully this increases the biofilm availability for the star. :)
I'm sorry to break it to you but it's far more complicated than that. Biofilm is a generic term. What makes up the biofilm in your tank is nowhere close to the makeup of the biofilm in the ocean from that specific geographical range where the star came from. Spot feeding is pretty much your only option.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back