Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought the ReefRun 9000 yesterday to replace a Varios-8 that was dead silent. Set it up this afternoon…LOUD!! Sounds like rocks are tumbling in it. I took it apart three times making sure I wasn’t missing anything. They’re advertised as silent.

I know they’re brand new but has anybody else encountered this?

Attachments

• IMG_1132.MOV
    9.2 MB
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black vinyl tubing. It’s the same set-up I used with the Varios. I’m so shocked at how loud the pump is. And I made sure it wasn’t touching anything and that it was clean and that it had all o-rings in place. It’s crazy

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t be loud. It is a Sicce DC pump, I have some extra 1" silicone tubing if you want to see if that quiet's it down. But I would say you have a bad pump. Did you get it from at 7 seas?
Do you think the 1” could make a difference?
It seems to have quieted down a bit but I e also turned the power down to 40%. I would have liked it to be higher, but it’s just way too loud when it’s higher. My Varios was DEAD SILENT. Even the Red Sea skimmer makes more noise that my reef octopus skimmer but it’s mainly the bubbling that I’m hearing. I’m just really bummed about this combo
Yeah, I did get it from 7seas

Attachments

• IMG_1145.MOV
    10.7 MB
Nutramar Foods

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the 1” could make a difference?
It seems to have quieted down a bit but I e also turned the power down to 40%. I would have liked it to be higher, but it’s just way too loud when it’s higher. My Varios was DEAD SILENT. Even the Red Sea skimmer makes more noise that my reef octopus skimmer but it’s mainly the bubbling that I’m hearing. I’m just really bummed about this combo
Yeah, I did get it from 7seas
I use soft silicone tubing on all my pumps, only a few inches, but it does isolate the sound. Also did the pump come with suction cup feet also? You can try some filter material underneath the pump to see if that helps.

Top Shelf Aquatics

TheBear78

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I can think of is maybe some air is trapped in the pump causing the impeller to sound like its cavitating. I'm sure anything that flows this much should purge itself but I have a smaller Sicce pump which can rattle for a while if I don't rotate it in the water to allow any trapped air out.
A long shot but there ya go.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back