Red Sea REEFER MAX S-1000 G2+

dutchevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellow fellow reefers,

As we all know some people hate red sea others love it.
Before any reply contains you should never by Red Sea or anything like that in my experience i got 3 tanks from them (170/350) and this new tank.
Lets ask everyone some honest opinions and why.

The red sea REEFER MAX S-1000 G2+ are eurobraced.
particuliary 2 panes of glass stacked and siliconed
i noticed this in the euro brace between the 2 panes of glass

What do you think about this (its only in the seam between 2 stacked glass and its in the corner where the long brace meets the front brace.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez even the braces are getting bubbles. If this a brand new tank and under warranty I would ask for a replacement. You paid for a non-defective tank and it's a reasonable expectation to receive one. Of course RS may fight you saying it's ok and to monitor it to see if it gets worst. Just hold your ground and keep going up the chain until they agree.

piranhaman00

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a bubble, the thing that makes them fail.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in this case. Is this the G2+ S-MAX 1000 ie top of the line tank model with the full aluminum stand? This is unexpected.

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in this case. Is this the G2+ S-MAX 1000 ie top of the line tank model with the full aluminum stand? This is unexpected.

It's the top seam and it looks brand new during the first fill.. I'm guessing this is a manufacturing defect.

reneeL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw these posts. Can anyone tell me if all of these fails are tanks that do not have front support. My tanks stand is not under the whole tank RS XL425. The front panel is full of bubbles but we just put clamps as I had seen another person do to stop the leak. We put them on to give us a piece of mind.
I want a strong tank, forget rimless, a traditional type is good. This leak stuff is crazy. My old tanks never had that problem and one was 10 plus years. An oceanic 75 gallon something like that. The 100 gallon was an all glass it had a middle support. The hurricane Harvey caused many problems and I did not revive my tanks. Waited, waited to save for a RS. I feel so misled. I did not see all this information about leak failures. Had I known I would have not bought a RS. I really like the surface of the cabinet and how it was packaged.
Can anyone tell me what brand has the old fashioned traditional reef tanks. With a rim. The LFS guy assured us the front panel just hanging out over the doors was okay.
We are going to try to repair our front panel. Thinking of trying to support it better. First, the tank should be sitting on a surface the whole thing, not with the front glass hanging out there above the doors. Stupid design my opinion. We are going to buy a board (strong) and put it under the whole bottom to support all of the tanks sides.
Has anyone successfully fixed their Red Sea?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back